Thread: slicks
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 11:33 AM
timothysiler
APPRENTICE

Good years all the way. M/T makes a good set of small tires, but I have yet to get a set of M/T 34.5x17x16 that were within 1-1/2" of each other on Roll Out. Out of 3 sets the closest waa 1-1/2". 1st set I had ripped the chords on the side walls and the tire looked like a basket ball when you kick it. M/T didn't want to take them back but Doug Hurberts made it right and traded them for a set of goodyears. The second set we had we threw on really quick and made a blast without checking roll out. They are over 2" different in roll out and sitting in my garage because M/T doesn't want to take them back. Went and looked at a replacement set for the 2nd set of M/T and they are over 1-1/2" out of Roll out. Goodyears have always been within 1/2" roll out and run like a champ. Never had any issues with Goodyears except the cost, but you pay for quality. Got a set of M/T on my Monte Carlo right now that I would replace with Goodyears and will when they are worn out. Why did we continue to buy M/T, they pay contigency and we tried to support the Products that supports our racing, but when the company doesn't stand behind there products they sale, I have a issue with that.