View Single Post
Old 09-15-2013, 09:43 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

A PATRIOT BIKER'S FIRST-HAND ACCOUNT OF THE RIDE TO DC
Ray Gotty left this in a comment on this page, we thought it worth sharing with all of you. It had me cheering! What an inspiring summary of his view of the ride.

~~~
I left New Jersey on 9/10/13 to break up ride, had to meet new bro's from Sewel area at 5:30 AM. There was 6 of us. We took back roads to Del Mem Bridge. As we got closer to Fort Washington HD the number of bikes grew, the adrenalin started pumping.

When we got to Fort Washington....Damn what a sight. Bikes, Thousands, what a sight. The trip to Washington was amazing.

People on bridges, along the road, fire engines with ladders raised with OLD GLORY hanging, law enforcement giving thumbs up, still makes my hair raise.

Yes we saw you and you saw us.

I SALUTE all that where here.

Of course, Washington and the media ignored us, what did you expect. We are the PATRIOTS especially those who rode, Law Enforcement, Fire Departments, ex Military.

You have my Respect.

They are not the lowly biker as some may perceive, they are the ones who protect you and I everyday.

We are Main Stream AMERICA, We are Awake, We are Strong, We are ONE!

You can IGNORE us Washington and main stream media. But guess again. The Lion is awake and getting STRONGER.

No longer will we be SILENT. Next year I hope we not only see twice as many bikes, but the American Truckers with their rigs, for those with cars and buses for those who do not ride, all those who believe in what this country was built on: THE CONSTITUTION of THE UNITED STATES.

This is AMERICA Land of the Free Home of The Brave.

9/11/14 -- LETS RIDE!

~~THANKS FOR RIDING, RAY GOTTEY~~
[/url]