View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 12:19 PM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by zipper06
Originally Posted by davis419b
I would be more inclined to believe that with an electic fuel pump you need a bigger jet for more volume due to the lack of volume the pump delievers. Have you ever ran a mechanical pump with your set-up. Years ago i bought an alcohol carb from Barely Grant. I had a Barry Grant pump and they told me it wouldnt work and they were right. Have had a mechanical pump every since. I do not believe you need that bid of jet with an Enderle pump.

Zipper, where are you i need you to jump in here !!
Sorry i'm not alcohol carberator person, but i am a firm believer in front mounted mechanical pumps. My car is setup both for gas and alcohol. I have an 8 gal fuel cell in the trunk and 2 holly blues, and a 1/2" feed line, regulated at 8lbs. I also have a 3gal. cell in the front for alcohol running the toilet bowl with a DSR mechanical pump. If i were to put an alky carb on i would use the mechanical pump and regulate it with an 8lbs bypass off a fuel log/tee. 1 line out of the pump 1 line back to the tank. Real simple setup and cost effective, and you will never run out of fuel in the carb.

just my .02

Zip.
Zip

I have a mechanical pump at home and if I had a cell up front I would run it in a heartbeat. I have made my own throttle body to run injection but haven't gotten around to putting it all on yet because of the amount of work it will take to put a cell in the front of my roadster and to mount the pump. Just not much room there.

Curtis