View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 03:51 PM
johnracer
DYNO OPERATOR

Well, wasn't able to borrow a digital cam, but we got rained out on Friday anyway. He made 2 time trials on Saturday on the stop for Supercomp and loaded up before first round. I watched as closely as possible and couldn't see any shake, and 2 others said the same, but he says it just as bad or worse. Car ran great, just can't cut a light on a pro tree yet. His lights are consistent, but slow. He ran 9.47 @ 164 on only the second run on the stop on the 9.50 SC index in Denver......personally I'd have pounded a pot of coffee and taken a shot at it!!

He's getting a pad made for the seat, and we moved the pedals and steering wheel farther away in an attempt to make him more comfortable in the car. Hopefully that'll keep him in the car so he can get seat time!

David, last fall when he got the car, I mentioned the ballast box in the nose. I'm guessing it's got 30-50 lbs of shot in it. It also has 2 batteries about 3ft back from there. I think you said that a suspended car shouldn't need any ballast. Could that account for his reaction time issues? Just a thought.

I think the car is pretty light for a swingarm dragster. Even with the additional weight, it weighs 1895lbs full of fuel and him....

Johnny