View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008, 05:52 PM
DaKoTaKiD
SHOW GUEST

Default Power Glide Setup, Hows this build?

Rear engine Dragster 900 hp Big Block Mopar
Whats the minimal clutches to be used in high drum? I plan on freshing it every season, if Its lucky :wink:

Right now I have new 5 clutch hub with 5 frictions clearance is .070 from top of clutch pack to bottom of ledge were low sun gear rides in the drum. I was thinking of milling the piston in the lath another .020-.025 for a measurment of near .100 I was going to leave out every 3rd spring here.

I will be adding a duel piston servo with stock cover, and stock springs.
And 2+ deep cast aluminum pan.

Also How many clutches is minimal for reverse clutch pack with transbrake? I was thinking of 4 which should be stock, with a little more clearance of .125 or so. I was also going to run stock springs here

Can these be run tighter or looser?
Also what regular pump mods need to be done? I was thinking just enlarging the converter feed hole and intersecting hole to 1/4 inch, but wasnt sure if this gets drill all the way through the pump, and and the intersecting one drill all the way through wre they meet? Or is it just a enlarged opening kinda deal? I know I gotta bore out the stator support for a 350 turbo spline bushing, is this a standard bushing for a 350?

Im not going to run a Pro tree Double bleed style brake, I bought a used TCI Full tree brake, but didnt get any instructions. I was thinking the only mod nessisary was to drill hole in the back of the case left to the horse shoe and drill it out to 1/4 inch. Then on the inside drill it out to 3/8 only 1/2 deep.

Thanks In advise
Bob