Old 06-01-2007, 09:16 PM
SST4530
DYNO TECH

Default Ad #877240 / Eagle1 / George Clark / feed back please

Ad #877240 http://www.racingjunk.com/post/87724...-Rear-End.html

Well here we go, thought I had found the perfect housing for my project. Demensions were correct, had lamb disc brakes, MW 40 spline axles, and was described as being completely redone. Sounded good, so decided I would buy it and drove 4.5 hours to Conroe. When I arrived the housing was assembled less third member and packaged for shipment. George seemed like and honest guy and nice enough, so I got side tracked with the racing B.S. and didn't inspect the unit thuroughly (my bad). Check the add for pictures and description.

I get the unit home, disassembled and find the right side housing end has been tig welded around each retaining plate hole. In this instance the plate is also the caliper mount. The only reason anyone would weld this is to create permanent shims for caliper alignment. Turns out the housing isn't straight. So I call George and ask him about it. He says he didn't know the welds were there. IMO there is know way you could assemble this thing without seeing the welds on the housing end. So now I have almost 2000 in a bent housing, I sent it to Mark Williams to see if they can repair it and ask George if would pay for the shipping cost and I would take care of the repairs. He offers me fifty bucks, which is an insult, especially when it cost 168 each way.

Bottom line is this guy misrepresented this housing as a MW and it's not, The condition is poor (a little powder coat doesn't make it a good housing). I know I'm a stand up guy and if I sold something and there was a problem with it, I'd do my best to make it right. So I expect the same from everyone else. Bottom line guys, be sure you inspect everything before you make a purchase. I don't guess I can do much, but he does race DIV. 4 and so do I....I'm, sure our paths will cross again! :x