View Single Post
Old 05-27-2007, 05:30 AM
mcracecars
EXPERT BUILDER

Do not use the 4 link bars if you have to back out the rod ends so much. I cannot tell you how many times I have seen control arms and 4 links and ladder bars were the rod ends seem to be only threaded in a couple of turns. And since rod ends never seem to be replaced or even checked periodicly, In my opinion it is an accident waiting to happen.
When I see this kind of stuff, I have to wonder about how the rest of the car was put together.
You should not see, on a 4 link bar more than about 7 threads showing beyond the jam nut. Any more and you need to make up new 4 link bars.
Any decent chassis shop can make them up for you, or go to www.chassisshop.com and buy the tubing and tube adapters, make them up yourself and take them to a good welding shop that can tig the adapters on. It is also a good idea to put a couple of plug welds on each end. Typical 4 link bars use 1.250 x .095 cm tubing.
As far as how the frame is configured over the rear end, it is not a big deal as long as there is no interference, as Bill stated, and everything is square.