View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 04:40 PM
csx8506
SENIOR BUILDER

All good points that ya'll have suggested. To clear matters up, and set the record straight, I will go back to when I sold it. I sold it thru ebay on Nov. 27, 2011. With in a few days we talked and he asked me to keep it for him till after the first of the year, that he would get someone to pick it up. So, I told him not a problem. I didn't hear from him again, so I called him on his phone, October 3, 2012 and I got an answering machine, so I left a message. On October 12, 2012, he called on my home phone and talked to my wife and said that he paid someone to come and pick up the car, but that they didn't. Sometime before this call, I did receive a phone call from a man that said he worked for the new owner of the 40, and said he would come and pick it up next week, well, next week has never come. Then, on December 2, 2013, I tried to email him, but got a message that basically said that the email could not be delivered. Then, the same day, I called the same number that I had left a message on back in October 2012, this time I got a message that said the number had changed, disconnected, or no longer in service.
It appears that all of the contact numbers and email that I had for him have been changed, or discontinued. However, my cell number hasn't changed, which he had, and my email hasn't changed, which he had, and I still live in the same location. I did have my home number disconnected because we have such great cell service, and didn't want to keep paying for it any longer.
I have asked my post office about certified mail to Australia, but it appears that you can send something to Australia similiar to our certified mail, but that the sender cannot get a signed receipt of the letter sent back to him. Also, when I called Australia, the phone company was charging me $3.88 a minute.
I sold this car to him, and it's been nearly 2 and 1/2 yrs. and he hasn't picked it up. I wish he would come and get it. If not, I'll be forced to charge him a storage fee that will be paid in cash before he can load it up. Failing that, I'll see an attorney and explore my options.
Actually, we are not talking about a high dollar car here. I made it clear in my add of the car's condition, and included pics of it, and that the buyer would be responsible for loading and hauling the car. Also, that the tires have dry rotted and will not hold air. So it will have to be winched up onto a truck or trailer. He asked me to try to find some tires for it to make loading easier. I called a couple of places and those tires are not available locally, and the rims are practically unavailable. And since he didn't send any money for that, I went no further on it.
Hopefully, someone on here will see this and get in touch with him, and he'll send someone soon to get it.

I didn't mean to write a book, but, it's been a long process, and I thought it might help to explain it better, dgh