Thread: Pit Cart
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 06:35 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Default Pit Cart

Hey guys y'all look bored so I'll show you one of my winter projects.
I've been needing a good pit cart for years and finally started on one.

I found the ugliest one I could find as a project lol.
I just bought it a few weeks ago and now it's time to get started.
It's a 2001 48 volt Club Car with a high torque motor and a 500 amp speed controller. No kidding on a full charge it pick the front tires up about 6 inches even with the bed off of it and it'll drag my truck almost 15mph without a problem. It'll run 17-19mph on flat ground by my gps. Had it to 22 down a hill and I figured it needed a roll cage and harness before I did that again!!

My plans are;

* Paint it the same color as my race truck (red of course)

* Recover the seat and backs

* Have bed powder coated black

* Have front grill guard powder coated black

* Chrome wheels. (use same tires 22x11x8's)

* Put a rack for a small 10qt cooler in the front. (Between the windshield and steering wheel)

*Set the bed and back up with the following;
1,000 watt generator, 20' retractable extension cord,(those both go under the bed) tool box on far right side, Nitrous bottle rack (in picture)
1,200 watt power inverter. ( I'll mostly use it for back up if generator doesn't work ( to warm nitrous bottles) or for short periods of 110volt power for misc. stuff and mount a fire extinguisher.

* Push / pull bar mounted on the front that attaches to the wheelie bar mount on the truck.

I already have a cool shirt and may put a cooler/ pump in the bed next summer.

* Install some LED work lights on the rear.

* Already have a retractable tow strap on the rear. ( I am going to install a 1 1/4 receiver hitch)

When I finish it of course it'll have Rabbit decals on it, my engine builders decals, Compucar Nitrous decals along with a few of their pamphlets on the side of the box for anybody to grab a card and pamphlet to take with them.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some things and will change or add some things as I work on it.

This isn't going to be a quick project because I have several others going on, but much of this I really need to have done before next year.

I had to shorten the bed 6 inches so it would fit in the trailer in front of my truck. You can see in the picture where it's been cut in half and welded back together and the simple nitrous bottle rack.