View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 04:43 PM
hotrodharley
EXPERT BUILDER

Default Re: rods

Originally Posted by promod45
personally i wouldnt buy any used aluminum rods from anybody unless you saw every pass they made, i had a guy who bought a motor that was just gone thrue and ready to run and built by a professional race shop so the guy told my customer and i told him to open it up and look at it and we found cracks on every journal, aluminum rods were 12 thousands out of round, harland sharp rockers on 300 lb closed pressure springs, 3 bad pistons, so be careful not to try and save on parts and later pick them up at the track ,, also look at the parts page on Racing Junk and you will see alot of parts stating dyno time only, i always get a good kick out of that saying, good luck
i just found another set of aluminum rods on here.saying they are new never used for $450.00 they are venolia brand...are they any good? also how do you feel about me keeping the new steel rods i have or should i sell and go with aluminum rods?i was told i should only use aluminum rods with a blower engine..my first blower engine so new with them.