View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 04:13 AM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

I run into people like that all the time when they find out that I have a drag car. I used to want to call them out when they would start to tell me how fast their car is. I had to temper myself with the fact that it is just them being proud of their car or truck and they don't really have any way to quantify what it feels like to them, so I just listen like Rabbit did and it makes their day. It's just a few minutes to give to someone that allows them feel good.

My Roadster runs 9.80s at 130+ in the heat. Had a guy working at Arby's see it and start telling me about his Miata that had increased compression, a cold air kit and better exhaust. Said he would bring it to the track and we could race someday because they ran about the same times. I just said it sounded like fun and left it at that. Now he can tell all his buddies that I want to race his car and it doesn't affect me in the least. Sometimes I enjoy remembering these conversations myself and having something to recount when we are bench racing.

Curtis