Thread: window nets
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2008, 08:14 PM
gearhead1011
EXPERT BUILDER

Use an angled window net with the brass grommets. You can order these from Stroud. I welded in 5 small window frame tabs to mount the rear of the net. You can use a piece of 3/8 moly tubing for the forward part. Weld a 3/8 rod end to the bottom. At the top of this bar you can use a 3/8 female rod end, drill the threads out so it will slide on the top of the tube. Drill a 1/4 inch hole through the part of the rod end that you drilled the threads out of. When you determine the correct length of your bar you can drill an 1/8 inch hole in the moly tube and drive a roll pin in to hold the female rod end on. this will allow the rod end to move some to make it easier to latch & unlatch the net. Locate and drill a 3/8 hole in the door bar then tig weld a 3/8 sae nut to the bar so you can bolt the lower rod end to the door bar. At the top bar drill the correct size hole to tig weld in a 1/2 long piece of 3/8 id moly tubing, then use a 3/8 pit pin to pin the top rod end to the top bar. Where the pit pin goes in I staked and locktited it into the rod end to keep the pin in place. If you need more details or better pics let me know. It's a little late to go take some but I can get you more tomorrow. These are teh only ones I happened to have on my computer.