Old 04-05-2008, 01:20 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

yeah its makes you feel like crap to lose a deal..but i will have a car for sale in the future when market comes back around to a sellers market..i will have a 1st come 1st serve policy.....only thing that will hold my car is a reasonable (non-refundable) deposit..unless there is something i did not tell you about car.....i have lost too many sells in the past waiting on someone to send money or never get to my place to view car as they said they would..

Had a guy 2 weeks ago jerk my chain about buying a carb..( Money order was in mail) so he said.....never got here......it was a carb for $1,000...not the most money in the world so i didn't mind holding for him...but something up in the potential thousands..1st Money gets car...including deposits.

You might wanna consider looking for something closer to your home.to where you can be there in 1/2 hour,,cause the "NO" deposit steadfast..may not play in your favor....did you say "3" deals gone to the way side ?...would they have been lost if you or the money ( deposit) got there sooner ?..As you say we live in a different world today...what difference would a handshake make with someone anyhow ? My opinion only..

ps....i do not see where BAD ETHICS was the issue..Just SMART BUSINESS....iF anything,, he used good ETHICS by calling you to inform you it was sold..

this deal could have been a lot worse for you if you had driven there and could not get an answer are call back...

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "