View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 01:03 PM
elkymann
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default Elkyman hits the 9's!!!

Hey Brian,

Well, after a 10:02 off the trailer on Fri. this past weekend in Kalamazoo, Mi. at US 131/Evan Knoll Motorsports park, in 56 degrees of temp, and 1200ft DA and 48% hum. the elky went 9:95 @ 135, then it went 9:93, and finally on the redlight 1st round a 9:92 at 134 so it is in the 9's, but not legally :shock: but the track owner ok'd that I could run the 9's if I hit the # so it was a good weekend even though I lost first round, and I got to see some old nostalgia funny cars and front engine diggers and boy do I miss them days, and the Chi Town Hustler hit the wall in the left lane & scraped some paint off but a 41 willy's was not so lucky, after the 2-3 gear change(stick car) it got out of control and danced side to side and tagged the wall in the right lane, I was so bummed, it was the owners original car fro way back in the fifty's and he tossed his gloves in form at the car, and not the helmet, but he wil have some work to do later, but a great show, and weekend for my wife & I.

Norwalk again this weekend to try and get my license signed and make the 6 passes required to get the license thru NHRA, then I am legal all the way, and, the elky wants more fuel and I am out of cash to try an 1150 on the engine right now, so, I will read the plugs on the first pass and adj. as needed I guess, but hotter weather this weekend so I will see how it goes. Updates when i get back.

Hope th emove went ok, and $3000. for a trans, double ouch :x :x you guys that gotta go fast, I tell ya , you never quit huh?

This past weekend also caused the elky to come right off the ground in the front and really use them slicks also, and the photo guy got a great shot of it also, so I will see what I can do to add it to my space pics.

Ok, off for now, I need to watch the weather, eat and try to sell my 1050 and buy a 1150 or trade up with some cash, either way, it wants more fuel and air. 8)

Thanks for your reply Brian and I hope you get everything sorted out and get back to the cars stuff. Until then

Elkyman John
Goin 9's
3688lb. 72 Elcamino
505 cuin.