View Single Post
Old 08-21-2007, 05:41 PM
elkymann
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default Racin, Racin, workin on car, & racin

Hey Brian,

No excuse dude, I have been working on my hotrod so much and have been having problems like everybody else. I made it on the PINKS show in Detroit, but lost 1st round, went to the runner up spot in some brackets at Norwalk, and saw a deer in headlights when the green came on, I just sat there :evil: and I just didn't have enough to cover a .439 light but it was the best door to door racing I have ever done, I played the catcher and caught them all and well, we know how to win put it that way
Then off to Chicago for the Superbowl of Street car drag racing and I went 3 rounds there, and up in smoke in the 3rd run off the line. Then some testing at Milan Dragway here in the Detroit area and it went 10:07 off the trailer after some rear suspension work, and up in smoke again, then, 10:02 on the third pass so, I am on the edge of 9's if I can just get this elky to hook just a little bit more, and I have two plans to make it happen in Norwalk this weekend at the Inaugural All Chevy drags for 3 days, testing on Fri. and this is MY day, so it should hit 9's maybe, and I have all my paper work filled out and ready for the license, and the doctor info also. But I am going bracket racing there on Sat. & Sund and try to take some cash home so I can make it to Memphis in Oct. for my NMCA series finals, I could get top ten if I win one of these events :lol: More racing to come also, so this is why I have been invisiable for a while.

Did you hear that Michael Browne from Wires & Pliers wiring in Brighton, Mi. was killed on Sat. afternoon going to Milan Dragway???? this really sucks as he was just about the best wiring guy on the Eastern seaboard, he did Billy Gliddens stang, many Pro mod cars, IHRA pro stock cars, and many , many more cars, he loved racing but loved wiring cars more and took a hugh passion to it. Go to www.wiresandpliers.com and check out some of his work if the site is still active. I was just about to get my elky done over the winter and we were just getting things setup to get ready, and I was supposed to go see him this week :x people in the Detroit area really needed this guy, he just knew it all, all of it!!!!!!! I now have to find someone 2nd in command to do my wiring, I am so bummed out, one of the greatest guys you could ever meet, check out also www.NMCADIGITAL.com and read some posts, also, www.yellowbullet.com also, many people loved him and needed his knowledge, and he helped many for free and had no life insurance!!!

Anyway, sorry about that, he will be surely missed by thousands of people. So, my little 505 bbc is trying to hit 9's in a 3360# elky and ballast is next, wish me luck

Elkyman
John