View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 09:32 PM
trmnatr
SHOW GUEST

Default Re: overheating

Originally Posted by chevyart
one thing, now that you mention it is that that in place of a thermostat there should be a restrictor plate. there is none. there was one when i had the 355 in there and it just never made it back in with the engine swap.. it is a drag car only, 13-1 comp and big cam and big alum cylinder heard. what about me only having a 7lb pressure cap. some say it should be up in the 20s lb cap.its a small electric fan running off a relay and it did fine for the 5355(max 200 temp at the track) i have different restrictor. plates. how big of a center should should be on the plate. why the lines from water pump to the heads and not to holes in top(center) of block. why not run all 3 different cooling lines at once. thanks art
Engines filled with Hardblok don't run hot, the water pump can only pump water that's fed into the pump which is the water pump holes. So as you can see the hot water that would normally lay in the bottom of the water jackets that doesn't get cooled down, makes it run warmer.

With Hardblok your engine will take much larger to heat up and cool down much faster. Many people have cooling holes that don't line up with the head gaskets and this needs to be addressed. Bottom line is the Hardblok is not what is making it over heat