View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 06:00 AM
hink
EXPERT BUILDER

Originally Posted by tcarda
Originally Posted by dparker
Originally Posted by hink
We use to run it till they lowered the zinc in their oil now we switched to the http://www.cen-pe-co.com/ as it has 2300 PPM of zinc and is high in phosephate as well. And it seems to be a very common oil with race shops today
I visited with the vice president of Brad Penn today. He said they have not lowered the zinc or changed the formula. He said they used to be Kendal oil but the company sold the Kendal name. They got their new name from Bradford, PA.
In 1997, American Refining Group, Inc. (ARG), a privately held energy company headquartered in Philadelphia, PA, purchased the Kendall/Amalie refinery located in Bradford, PA, from Witco Corporation. As a result of the sale by Witco, of the Kendall® and Amalie® brands to a third party, a new name was given to the products produced at the site: Brad Penn® Premium Pennsylvania Grade Lubricants.
He also said that Cen-Pe-Co doesn't have a refinery their a blender of oils. He also said I can get the oil for around $5.00 a quart with shipping.
Did the VP say how much zinc and phosphate is in the oil?
Beleive me it has been lowered or I would still be using it as I learned that at the PRI show 2 or 3 years ago.