Thread: compression
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 06:12 AM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

Thanks Guys, we're just trying to see what our options are before getting froggy and buying this coming year's backup short block, which, will end up being next year's Bullet if all goes well this coming season . . As I said, I'm not closely familiar with Big Inch BBCs and the Boss was just getting his feet wet this last year . . We ask questions because we want the shortest learning curve available and it's a hell of a lot easier (and cheaper) to get answers from those of you who might have them, than to learn them the hard way . .

Not that we're lost, as we've been in the money twice last year . . We just wanna do it as easily as possible . . Hell, I'm an old guy, I'm tired of climbing mountains and fighting thunderstorms . . There's a bunch of know how here and I'd love to share what I've learned about other classes of drag racing with guys who're successful in the brackets . .

Bracket racing is a whole hell of a lot different than either heads up or index racing . . But most of you know that . .

On the Headwork, they've been massaged by Steve Schmidt (former Pro Stocker and engine builder) and are all CNC . . At this point the heads aren't close to their potential, I believe, as we've had other glitches. Those, as far as we can tell, have been cured and we're just waiting to get the car to a race and see what the results on the present setup will be . .

Thanx again to both CNCMotorsport and Hammertime . . serious discussion with factual info . .