Thread: Lifters ?
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2007, 11:25 PM
edvancedengines
DYNO OPERATOR

Location: VA Hospital, Dallas, Tx (214 302 1924) cell-972-464-7400

It has been awhile since I have looked at a Lunati Roller Lifter, But they used to be assembled by crane and the body was made by Eaton, the same maker for the Cranes. The body for the Lunati and the Crane was slightly different with ridges on the Lunati.

The serious high horsepower builders mostly are using the Crower HIPPO Cut-Away and the Isky Red-Zones. Those with customers of high budgets are using the Jesel and the LSM Keyways. The Jesel Dog-Bone is cool too.

I have one that I use that I really like better, that costs less than the Crower, or the Isky Red-Zones, but it does cost more than the Cam Company Roller Lifters, like Crane, Comp etc. These have stood much much abuse from strong springs big over .900 lift and more cams, in the .8542 size they have lived with 380# seat and 1050 open. IN the .904 size they have lived with 470# seat and over 1250# open with cams over 1.00 lift. The problem is this company will not sell to you unless you are an engine building shop. If you are a shop and can prove it to them, send me email and I will give you phone and fax and name.

Ed