View Single Post
Old 07-20-2008, 02:56 PM
SST4530
DYNO TECH

Default Re: DEAL OR NO DEAL??

Originally Posted by Toetag
I listed my roadster on RJ as I want to trade for something w/a little more legroom(I am 6'4" w/a size 14 foot) I found a 38 Plymouth truck that I really liked and called the owner.He looked at my ad and agreed to a trade.I told him that I would find a transport company & get back to him.I made the mistake of putting my phone # on the car transport sites and I have gotten about 30 calls already and they are still coming.The owner of the plymouth & I talked a few times and I finally found a transporter that did not use a "broker" & we agreed on a very reasonable price.I called the owner of the plymouth pickup,told him the price and then he said"The way I usually do it is to meet who I trade with,half way.Thats about where 26 meets 95.I told him that I did not have a way to get the car to 26& 95.He asked if I didn't have a friend w/a trailer that could do it for me.I told him that I would try to find someone.That nite at about 9;30 he sent an email asking if I had found anyone.I had not.Turns out he found a roadster just like mine only closer & he was going to trade for that one.
I had explained my situation to him(Disabled Viet Nam vet on a Veterans admin. disability pension,fixed income,blah,blah blah.)So I could not even afford the $400 in gas to meet him halfway.
My question is,Why make a deal w/someone than change the rules halfway through the deal?A man is only as good as his word!! Hold on gotta answer the phone, another damn transporter. :cry:
No disrespect intended, but if you can't afford to transport or trailer your car. What are you doing racing? :?