Old 01-09-2009, 07:57 PM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by 482
Originally Posted by lively
Originally Posted by 482
WHAT THEY SAID !!!!!!!!!!!!
I bought a 32' trailer in Alabama 3 years ago. STILL waiting on the title.[/b]
NOW THAT NEEDS SOME INFO PUT ON HERE!!!!!
IF YOU PAID FOR IT / GOT A RECIEPT/ AND HAVE THE TRAILER??-I WOULD BE CONTACTING THE DMV DOWN THERE AND GOING ABSOLUTELY CRAZY ABOUT THIS TO THEM
ALSO CONTACT THE LOCAL STATES ATTORNY AND LAWMEN IN HIS HOMETOWN!!!!!!!

IT IS TIME TO STEP TO THE PLATE AND START SWINGING :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
LIVELY
Been there done that!! I did pay for it/have a bill of sale/ and have the trailer. Nobody would help me. Not even from my state (NC)
DMV told me there was nothing they could do. They said they could go after the crook if I had bought it in NC because it is against the law to sell a vehicle without a title in this state. Alabama laws are different. I had to take the trailer and get two appraisals (fifty bucks each),and had to go to my car insurance store and pay for an indemnity bond for a couple years to be sure there were no liens against the trailer. I admit, I was STUPID! I am too trusting. The fellow told me he would pay off the note with the money and send me the title when he got it. He wrote back in a few weeks and said he had the title. He then LOST the title and could get a new one . That has been 3 years. He did pay off the note on it, I did find out that much at least
I can tell you about KY on trailers the bill of sale means nothing what so ever.
I bought a 28 foot trailer at adesa auto auction and it came with a bill of sale witch in KY and ind. also it is no good you have to have a title it took me 1 1/2 years to get it straightened out i had to go back to the mfg of the trailer give them the vin# and they told me who bought the trailer from them the dealer i contacted them and after paying them 250.00 dollars they went back through the mfg and got me a new title and by law they don't have to . ever who the last person that owned the unit is or can apply for a new title . i will never buy anything that don't have a title right then and there I'm not taking delivery with out it.