View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 05:57 PM
mikeaton
MASTER BUILDER

Default still racing

yep we are well we were untill a couple of weeks ago you guys ever went to the paint store and put your head into the paint shaker? well couple weeks ago me and my smart a$% found a few problems in my tune up on the funny car so as a racer i fixed them and then tuned up the motor well then we went out and "tested" the new and improved tune up,well it didnt turn out ok got out about 70-100 ft and it went into tire shake like id never been in before almost beat me senseless or maybe centless anyway shake then right up in smoke just as i lifted yea i lifted better said it shook my foot off the throttle. well post mortam was a bent axle and a headache but at least my 60 ft times went way way down!! a .90!!! best one we had was a 1.12 man it was going to run a number now im installing a timing retarder and some other "trick stuff"[expensive] to retard the timing so we dont repeat this again i dont have many brain cells to loose anymore lol well it was 103 here today at 6pm when i got free from the chain gang work so im going to wait untill the axle get here and then ill go out only at night time racing in september mike in new mexico