View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 03:34 PM
Murff
MASTER BUILDER

Default Interviewing Tracks

The thread on Bristol ending their bracket program and another thread about supporting a local track put this idea into my head.

There are two 1/4 mile facilities less an hour from me, Pacific Raceways and Bremerton Raceway. There are two 1/8 mile tracks 2 - 3 hours away, and 1 1/4 mile nostalgia track that was closed in the '60's (an airstip) that is trying to get a program put together beyond the basic cackle fests and limited racing they have had recently. So, I have options.

I have begun sending out inquiries to these tracks asking them why I should consider running my car at their faciity.

I explain that I am not a 'feature' car or a pro, just a regular guy that is looking for a home track.

I will run T&T at Pacific just due to convenience but I do not care eenough for the way it is being managed to make a commitment to run there all season if they aren't willing to make a commitment to me and other racers to offer a good program.

So what do you guys think? Good idea trying to hold their feet to the fire, or just an excercise in sending emails?

Murff