Old 11-04-2014, 10:19 AM
BigBlockMark
MASTER BUILDER

I have been doing it for years off and on with 1/2 ton trucks. Never with a 28 foot though, just a 24 foot trailer that weighed 4450# empty. But I do not take very much with me to the local ILLINOIS tracks I go to. No generator or big tool boxes, Just a light bench and a few tote bins of necessities, cooler, gas, winch and a battery.

I can see the input has been negative to the idea. I don't take any offense as you guys know what works for you.

I no longer have the 24' trailer. I will buy something to use for next season. I think an aluminum frame trailer is the lightest reasonable option. A 26 foot is about 3600# and 100# less tongue weight empty, but at a $2000 additional cost. That's about 800# less than my old trailer. A Crikkett weighs 305#. I have driven them at car shows/swap meets where they were rentals, and they are alright for light use, but only have a 300# payload. There is a dealer for them within driving distance in Indiana. I have been there and they sell several, can service them and have parts in stock for them. They are not made in the USA, which I don't like.

I am looking at ATC 26' now. About $12,000 base price bare.

The Crickkett may or may not end up in there, we'll see.