Old 10-31-2014, 09:45 PM
BigBlockMark
MASTER BUILDER

Thank you Rabbit. That's some input I am looking for.

I have located a CRICKKET golf cart that only weighs 300#. But they are $4000 new. A baseline 26-28' all aluminum trailer is about 3500# bare and cost minimum $10,000. And the spread axle option for better distribution is another $500.

I am hauling less than 50 miles to our 3 local tracks and we are on flat ground here in central Illinois. I previously had a 2500 Silverado with 6.0 engine and 373 gears pulling a 28' trailer and that was the way to go back then. But that was with a 2200# car. Now I have a 3000# car

I know you have to be cautious braking with a trailer and lighter duty truck. At least this new truck has 4 wheel disc brakes

Just trying to make the right next move. 26 foot could be long enough for the Crickket, but maybe not a regular size golf cart. I have tried scooters at the track, but my wife is not comfortable on one by herself. She really liked the golf cart we had before and it helps to have a place to put an air tank and fuel jug.

Keep the suggestions/info coming guys. I have all winter to do something. But if I order an all aluminum one it could take 8 weeks to get one made.