View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 05:20 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by TheRabbit
Originally Posted by firepro65
I will, he said about a week. The funny thing was. When he dynoed it, on the first pull it was lean as hell. He said I hope it was ok. I got it on video. What is sad about the whole thing is, I was going to buy a stage 2 from Shaifiroff but wanted to keep the money in my town, he talked a good game. I am an idiot.
Shafiroff is a quality engine builder. Known for making good power and engines that last. I've never purchased anything from Dynoflow, but have heard some good and bad stories.
Thats not entirely true ... I've owned shaftoff's stuff in the past, I purchased a 434sbc and a buddy purchased a pro series 565bbc. Mine went 16 passes broke oil pickup (hey it happens) got the run around from them and how they had never heard of a sb breaking a pickup .. hmm ok well I paid for a moroso pump and this is a meiling, they send me the right pump and I fix it. 2 weeks later I hear of another guy who had the same motor that broke a pickup 2 weeks before mine did and they told him the samething I got.

Now the 565 this is the good one .. suppose to make 965hp and came with a dyno sheet. It was in the same year/brand dragster as mine, but some how my sb was out running the bb. Many changes later carb/conv and other parts its still running like a 800hp motor. He says o well and races it, breaks a pushrod with 75 passes on it. It gets taking apart, to find the parts he paid for were NOT in the motor, had a very small roller cam, wrong crank/rods/pistons from what he ordered and paid for. Calls them and they say well its been over 90 days sorry nothing we can do. Gets put back together with all new parts (the ones he wanted orginally) and it picked up 3 tenths in the 1/8th ...

so I put them in the same place I put dynoblow ... :shock: