View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 07:06 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Not defending Ebay or RJ, but the feed back is just feedback. These types of dealers get the unsuspecting first time buyers/novices that have no clue how to check out the dealers. We see it almost every day here on RJ, where someone got scammed. There's no way to stop this from happening, because the dealers/scammers prey on these types of individuals. I'll be the first to admit i got scammed on ebay when i had just 3 purchases with a second chance offer on a ligit ebay page. It cost me $1,000.00 and it looked like a ligit deal, but wanted a MO forwarded western union. That was 5 yrs. ago. After the deal was exposed Ebay it was not their deal, but a hacked deal.
Bottom line donot accept second chance offers, donot send Western Union, do only paypal, keep all transactions/emails/conversations.
I'm very concerned with dealing with some people here on RJ. There are people i have dealt with and have sent parts without payment and visaversa, but these are people who are here on the forum whom i feel like i know and trust (hehe not little HOTROD) Randy/aka/ Gimmemud, sent me over a complete T&D Rocker assy to try a couple yrs. ago no payment out front. I sent Ed Wilson, before he dieded and was still working/building engines parts, and the list goes on. I did a bunch of machine work for Ron at RLmotorsports, out front.
Bottom line if you trust the person do it, if you don't know them be weary.

JMO

Zip.