Thread: A 72 Classic
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2014, 06:36 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Yes, it has a 460 and yea it is a lot of fun to load up in and take a ride!!
The other part of the story I didn't have time to write is this car was a Arnold Palmer loaner for the 1972 masters. Late 60's and 70's my Dad use to loan a lot of the golfers cars for the week of the Masters. As soon as I saw the car the lady started telling me it was an Arnold Palmer loaner so I new right then it came from Dads dealership.(Actually my Grandad's place which he started as soon as WWII was over) I took some pics of it and had absolutly no intentions of buying it. I texed my dad a couple of it then called him. After a few minutes I called him because I was supprised he hadn't called me yet. I asked him it he'd seen the pics I sent him and he said no. I told him it was of a 72 Lincoln, Arnold Palmer loaner car. He quickly said, I bet it's white with black interior. My dad has an amazing memory of a lot of the cars that passed through and he went on to tell me he drove the car for a few weeks before it was sold. He had no idea who bought it, but it was a couple down here from Ilinois to vist their Grandson. The car went to Il. and was there for about 10 years until their Grandson bought it from them. Thank goodness it's been garged it's entire life and very well taken car of.

I've always wanted to buy an old Lincoln for me, but I knew it was a once in a lifetime chance to buy a car in this good of shape with a real history to my Dad, Grandad and Uncle (Daniels Lincoln Mercury)and give it to my dad.

It didn't take long before the local newspaper (small home town of ours)found out about it and did a small write up about the entire story. (If it weren't for it already being in a newspaper I probably wouldn't have said anything on here about it.)
To sum up my experience on this, I wasn't looking for a car it found me. You never know what's behind the door your standing in front of! lol

Here is the picture that made the paper.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
McCormick_zps8d391d8d.jpg (54.2 KB, 6 views)