Old 01-12-2009, 01:49 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Default Got blocked for making initiial cash offer ?????

i saw a 142 sbc low profile blower on the classifieds for $1600....I DO NOT need a blower and do not have a small block period...but because i could possibly build one sometime in the distant future i figured i would make an offer of what the blower would be worth to me just to sit on the shelf for now..

so i made an offer of $900 plus shipping and explained i didn't need it (blower) but would shoot an offer to him but understood if he was not interested.

1st- i knew the offer was low and somewhat apologized for that in my 1st message offer..I trully expected a counter offer from him or at least $1600 is my firm price anything but a blocker on my reply pm's.

2nd- i started not to even send the offer but i figured what the heck he might except or maybe a counter offer could be agreed upon somewhere in the middle. It was just an offer thats it..Right.?..isn't that the way it works of have i been doing this wrong for over 40 yrs ?

3rd- Since Money is tight right now i figured the seller would be glad to get a real Bon-fide cash offer from someone with at least a chance to make a counter offer..right ?.. isn't that how it normally works ?

so what does the seller do..he sends me back a pm telling me "i made the offer politely but still insulted him "?...and to make it worse i tried to pm him back to see what he would take for the blower and he blocked me from sending him messages.......WTF ?...LOL

LMAO !...i was only trying to buy the blower from him...I guess he should have checked my profile...lol..

anyhow i guess thats his right...if ya reading this ed..sorry i pissed ya off so bad for trying to give you some cash...that trully wasn't my intention and i hope you do not pay advertsied dollar on stuff your interested in without inquiring if the seller would take less

also i had my mind made up i would have Come up to $1500..if ya wanted to kick it around a little...thats how it works most of time..
oh well...i wish him (ed) luck and i am sure he is a good guy..he has many honor payments....with that said

i can buy a 142 blower anytime i want they are not that rare...lol ...i just need a good used one anyhow..

I guess getting blocked was the hit in the a$$ for me...lol..but its a 1st time for everything.

Brian.

Give me your thoughts guys ?...what would you have done...

here's the ad thread in case anyoee would like to check it out..

Brian
http://www.racingjunk.com/post/14271...2-for-SBC.html

also here is my pm and his reply..i tried to send him back a pm to see what the bottom dollar was and he blocked me....lol

Subject: Re: bLOWER
Re: Ad #1427192 - NEW SuperCharger Weiand 142 for SBC

You put it politely, but still a little insulting.

On [2009-01-11 20:03:43] bjuice wrote:
> I really have no need at this point for the blower but i would give you $900 plus shipping for it if your interested. if not i understand.
>
> call me if you are interested 864-607-####
>
> Brian

2nd pm in efforts to see what he would take..and this is what i got.

Subject: eds66nova did not recieve your message.
eds66nova has blocked your messages and did not recieve your message