Old 01-18-2008, 04:34 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by zipper06
I'm with jmtire, on this one, go to the track T&T, best way to learn the tree is with a stocker, heck even your daily driver. OOPS !!!, make that your wife's daily driver in case you break it. :lol:
I've been racing all my life since 16 yrs. old and still learn something everytime i go to the track. age don't mean crap if you still feel good, i'm knocking on the door of 69yrs. old, and am in the process of building a blown alcohol Anglia.
I think the schools are good if you're going professional racing, in a super fast and dangerous car. But for the 1,000's of racers that make up drag racing (not the pro ranks) they cost too much money for too little gain.

JMO

Zip.
I had car problems once and ended up running the truck that I use to haul it down there instead of the car....radio on, air conditioning..put it in overdrive and held her to the floor. Went a couple of rounds( running trophy) then a buddy suggested I lower the tailgate and I broke out....it was almost more fun than running the car because everyone knew it couldn't get out of it's own way.... We even took shoe polish and put a big white stripe on the tire .