Old 07-21-2009, 02:50 PM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Default Finally, my first run ever......I could have jogged faster!!

OK, been working on my '68 Nova for over a year now, it won't be ready this season. I decide I am going to take my '69 Camaro to Mooresville and run in the Real Street class. I am excited as a kid at Christmas, you see, I have never, ever been on a sanctioned track as a competitor in my life.

I have a crate ZZ4, Edelsuck 600, MSD 6ALN, th350, pegleg rear with 3.73. Nothing special, but a nice street car. Thought I would get mid 9's out of it.

My buddy Bryant coached me about what to do at the track, thanks Bryant!. Also thanks to beetlejuice and beast for the input, you have no idea how much I appreciate ya'lls input.

I go in around the water box, dry hop it a couple times, pull up to the lights, my gut is FULL of butterflies as I realize all these people were looking at us and waiting to see the pass. Third yellow, I couldn't remember exactly what Bryant said about the tree, so, like a retard, I waited for the green to actually show before I took off. Car started spinning, I let off, started to shift.........This is where it started to suck.

Nothing, absolutely not a damn thing!!!!! The clip apparently had broken/fell off the linkage at the tranny between the water box and the lights!!!! I thought, piss on it, I stood in it again, smoked up the place with that right rear tire, let off and finished my blazing pass all the while still in low gear!

Reaction time: .589
E.T. 11.32
M.P.H. : 46.99

ROFL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But, I will tell you............It was still an absolute blast!!!!!!!
I am hooked.

The second practice pass made me happier.
Terrible reaction time, not NEARLY as easy as I thought it would be! I do understand now to leave on the third light.

I forgot to tell ya'll, I actually made it to the second round by breakout default. Lost to my buddy Mikey in the second round. I had to let my car shift itself in both rounds.

10.43(win) 1st round

11.10 Second round

Anyway, sorry such a long post. Any advice is appreciated, any "ribbing" is well tolerated!

Later