Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   trade value higher (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30560)

zipp45 06-16-2011 07:38 AM

trade value higher

can anybody explain to me when a person has an ad and wants to sell car etc. but trade value higher ,what's up with that

Scooterz 06-16-2011 10:08 AM

I have always looked at it this way: the seller wants to sell it more than he/she wants to trade it... so if he/she trades, they are trying to ensure it is a higher value for their inconvenience. JMO

bixblk 06-16-2011 02:17 PM

trades vs cash

I agree ,but I thinks there are a couple of other things, value of a vehicle is a relative thing and money means the same to all, in other words $1500 is $1500 , but is a set of BBC dart 345 heads worth 1500, I would say yes others may say no. I think thats one issue, the other is cash is final. You do not need to do anything else except spend it. With a trade you may to slicker it up, put a trans in it etc, I may not be explaining it well but thats my thoughts.
JMO

grimratter 06-16-2011 05:10 PM

OK, I'll explain it again.

Here's what a previous poster wrote:

"another good one is trades welcome but trade value more.
when post an ad ill put it for more than i want but gives negotiating room so i dont screw myself and buyer feels they got a deal cause they got it cheaper then what i "wanted" and everyone wins in my opinion"

OK everyone, there is a PRIME example of why some sellers say "Trade value HIGHER".
Some sellers raise their price "HIGHER" than they want, thinking that the buyer will try to talk them down, and then they get the price they REALLY wanted!

Here's my example:
I listed a nice and clean 1967 Mustang fastback realistically priced at $15,000. A seller on RJ had listed a decent 1964 Falcon that might be worth around $10,000, but he raised his price HIGHER to $15,000 thinking that someone will try to talk him down. He see's my ad for $15,000 and right away he's emailing wanting to do an even trade because he has his listed for $15,000.
So I say there's nothing wrong with saying "Trade Value Higher" for that reason.
This happens all of the time!

mopar1968 06-16-2011 07:16 PM

So in other word's your scamming that person to a higher price than you were asking :!: Correct :?:

Mark

lively 06-17-2011 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by mopar1968
So in other word's your scamming that person to a higher price than you were asking :!: Correct :?:

Mark

CORRECT

TRADE VALUE HIGHER??? I JUST KEEP ON GOING AWAY 8)

grimratter 06-17-2011 06:14 AM

Mark

Yes, you are correct. The seller that raises their price to make negotiating room is definetaly trying to scam a buyer into paying a higher price than they really want.
Again, that's why you should always say "TRADE PRICE HIGHER"!

mopar1968 06-17-2011 12:41 PM

''Trade price higher'' is the same freaking thing :!: Your still scamming to a higher price :!: :!: If i have a ad that say's, 1968 Dart asking $20,000 but trade is $25,000 then your scamming $5000.00 from them :!: :!: Doesn't matter if it is money or good's :!: :!:

Mark

lively 06-17-2011 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by bobr

Mark

Yes, you are correct. The seller that raises their price to make negotiating room is definetaly trying to scam a buyer into paying a higher price than they really want.
Again, that's why you should always say "TRADE PRICE HIGHER"!

I DO NOT THINK YOUR GETTING IT AT ALL---WE ARE SAYING THAT IS SCAMMING NO MATTER WHAT WORDS YOU USE ON THAT ADD !!!!

A PRICE IS A PRICE --I DO NOT DEAL AT ALL WITH PEOPLE THAT DO THIS BECAUSE I THINK THEY ARE CROOKED!!!!

SORRY -BUT THAT ARE MY STRONG THOUGHTS ON ANY TRADE VALUE / PRICE BEING HIGHER :evil:

grimratter 06-17-2011 02:06 PM

''Trade price higher'' is the same freaking thing :!: Your still scamming to a higher price :!: :!: If i have a ad that say's, 1968 Dart asking $20,000 but trade is $25,000 then your scamming $5000.00 from them :!: :!: Doesn't matter if it is money or good's :!: :!:

Mark

Either you didn't read my post, or you just don't get it.
"Trade price higher" is not the same FREAKING thing.
I'll try again:
I put up an ad (WITHOUT SAYING "TRADE PRICE HIGHER") for my '67 Mustang Fastback for $15,000. That's what I figured it was worth in the (clean) condition it was in. I never stated "TRADE PRICE HIGHER" in the ad.
Right away I start getting guy's with cars's that are no way worth $15,000 wanting to make an even trade just because they jacked up THEIR price $5,000 over what they figured their's was worth.
And if you would actually READ my last post you will read what a previous poster wrote about how he (like you) won't say "TRADE VALUE HIGHER", but he admits that he will jack up the price of his car, just because he thinks that someone will want to play the "jew me down game" and he still gets what he wanted.
If your asking $20,000 cash for you '68 Dart, and that's what you think it worth, why would you think a '68 Falcon that you know might be worth $15,000 be an even trade just because he jacks up his price to match yours! If you would put "Trade Value Higher" in your ad, that guy with the "68 Falcon would never even respond to your ad!

Now you tell me how that's the same FREAKING thing.
Does everybody else get it. This guy don't seem to.