Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Engine Tech (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   blower acc questions (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23982)

kenglish 04-23-2009 05:40 AM

blower acc questions

I'm new to the blower world, I have a few questions. sbc 350/671

1. how do I deside what pulleys to run? I want to end up with 6 lbs of boost., I think I understand the under and over driven thing, that is changed by putting the bigger pulley on top or bottom right? I got a 40 and a 43 with the used blower.

2. Radiator Im going to run and alum one, but do I run the stock 350 fan or electric?

3. how about fuel pumps, electric or mechanical? I'm going to run a boost sensitive pressure reg.

4. Short water pump, but electric or machanical?

5.roller rockers, the guy who built my motor said I really didnt need them, but I was wondering if I should really have them?

thanks, and help would be great!
PS, I's needing the front snout drive part for my blower if anyone has anything let me know! and a sbc Idle bracket.

THERATTLER 04-23-2009 05:51 AM

any of the blower web sites will help with most of your questions , such as good vibations , and get a new motor guy :D

desoto30 04-23-2009 11:47 AM

Maniac how can you see from the above post that the poster requires a new engine man?

THERATTLER 04-23-2009 12:10 PM

any way you can reduce friction from a performance engine is the way you need to go , roller rockers are far better than standard rockers in reducing friction which reduces heat and wear , to build a blower motor with stock type components is a total waste of time and money,,roller rockers is one of the cheapest forms of making the motor last longer and reduce wear...seems like bad advice from a motor man , this is my opion , that is what a forum is about , everybodys opion on the subject :D

bowhay 04-23-2009 12:11 PM

i think he was just sayin that because his guy told him roller rockers where something he didnt need
maybe idk

but i would deffinitely get electric fans, electric water pump 35gpm or more, u could run mechanical feul pump but make sure its a good one, i would blcok it off and fo electric, jmo, and yes i would use roller rockers, its deffinitely worth the gains in hp they can give over stamped or roller tipped

dparker 04-23-2009 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by bowhay
i think he was just sayin that because his guy told him roller rockers where something he didnt need
maybe idk

but i would deffinitely get electric fans, electric water pump 35gpm or more, u could run mechanical feul pump but make sure its a good one, i would blcok it off and fo electric, jmo, and yes i would use roller rockers, its deffinitely worth the gains in hp they can give over stamped or roller tipped

Well, what do think would be a good mechanical pump to run with his blower?

bbchevy 04-23-2009 01:00 PM

?

If He just using Carbs on the Top of the Blower?
A small Mallory Electric pump,in the 130-140 Gallon range will work Fine!
Later
G 8)

promod45 04-23-2009 04:27 PM

blowwer

i have run what you are doing for years and i loved it, i ran a short moroso aluminum water pump with the water pump pully from a 289 ford it is same diameter, bolts right up to a chev, and it has a smaller neck to avoid the belt, with this setup you can run the short blower snout which is better then a long neck. if you use the long water pump you will have belt issuse unless you get a longer blower neck. I ran a fiberglass fan that costs about 15 dollars from jegs with a shroud and i was making 16 lbs of boost on c16 and i had no issuses.

bowhay 04-23-2009 07:27 PM

holley makes one
the pat # is 12-327-13
its about 130 gph......i figured that would be enough
lemme know if im wrong though, cus i dont wanna make a mistake down the road