Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Been a while lots has happen (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1297046)

Swiley383 05-07-2020 10:36 AM

Been a while lots has happen

Haven’t been here in a while how is everyone? My racing plans are on hold again as we just adopted 2 boys at the end of February. Luke 3 and Justin 2. Kinda came out of nowhere we got a call from a family friend about them and decided to get them. It was a private adoption so thing’s happened fast. Found out about them in November had the home inspection done and a court date set before Christmas. The boys have settled in nicely and are really happy. They had a hard go before we got them they had been in a couple foster care homes for the last 16 months before we adopted them. The bio parents had a lot of drug use and domestic violence issues. All that’s the past now they are ready to visit the track and go fishing as soon as the virus load down is over.

jayvee34 05-09-2020 04:22 PM

GOD BLESS YOU, what a wonderful thing your family has done.

Harbone 05-10-2020 04:53 AM

good job Swiley! Glad to see you back on the forum

Swiley383 05-12-2020 03:11 PM

It’s been to long but lots of stuff has happened the last few months. Plans changed quickly when we found out we had the opportunity to adopt the boys. They love love match box cars especially the race cars. They were so excited when we told them we had a race car. They keep asking to go to the track. I did start mine up a month or so back to see how they handled the noise. My wife took the all the way to the back of our property before I started it. Next thing I know they are standing next to it. Going to get them some child ear muffs soon before we take them to the track. We also plan on buying them there lifetime sportsman license so the can’t always hunt and fish and not worry about it. Next on the list is getting matching Henry 22 rifles engraved with there adoption date on them. Can’t wait to get the started.

Swiley383 11-15-2020 06:49 PM

How is everyone decided to check in it’s been a few months everyone doing ok?

Harbone 11-16-2020 04:10 AM

I am doing OK, business is good considering the world seems to be falling apart around us. I am still moderator on the forum but not a lot going on here in awhile My shop is full so thats a good thing

PapaWatts45 12-09-2020 07:34 PM

Hi am new here and this caught my eye. I am adopted as well. Beautiful thing you have done! I tracked my birth parents years ago as I had medical questions and found out my birth mother had an addiction problem. She passed away at 42 and I am now 11 years older than she was when she died. To me she will always be just my birth mother. My Mom and Dad however earned those titles! Best parents I could have ever been blessed with. Creating a child does not make you a Mom or Dad, you earn that title every day! I have 5 kids of my own and continue to try to be the best Dad I can be!!

God bless you and your wife for embarking on this wonderful and yes, challenging road!!