Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   New NHRA Rules (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19139)

hammertime 12-06-2007 01:03 PM

New NHRA Rules

Just a few new rules ! Was reading them on another site thought I'd share.

Anything 9.99 and quicker will be required to have a full face helmet.

All generators, air compressors, etc., that are powered by an internal combustion engine must have the exhaust directed up and above the top of the trailer, truck, RV, tent/awning, etc.

All open-bodied methanol burning or nitrous oxide equipped cars 7.49 seconds and quicker use a SFI 3.2A/15 suit with 3.2A/15 gloves and boots.

no driveshaft rpm sensors for S/ST, S/G, and S/C

The engine diaper rule seems to be changed again, according to local tech guy its not going to be made mandtory yet on bracket cars unless you are 4.49/7.49 and faster.

bjuice 12-06-2007 03:13 PM

Thats exactly one of the Reason's i choose to run Outlaw Tracks..and in the past IHRA events

WTF !!!...with the generators??...bunch a freakin clowns with nothing better left to do...

whats next :?: ...Can't wear Boxers ?? :?: ...

lively 12-06-2007 03:42 PM

AT THE TRACK BY ME YOU HAVE TO USE THE DIAPER FOR 6.39 AND FASTER IN 1/8 MILE

BRIAN-- I AGREE THEY ARE GETTING COMPLETELY OUT OF HAND[OUTLAW WILL KEEP GROWING AND IF THAT GETS TOO CRAZY THE KIDS WILL GO BACK TO THE STREET[THAT IS TERRIBLE :oops: :oops: ]

IT STILL GETS DOWN TO USING THE PRODUCTS FROM THEIR SPONSERS TO MAKE THEM MORE MONEY--I KNOW ALOT DON'T AGREE WITH ME ON THIS BUT IT IS HAPPENING[ WATCH AND SEE] :twisted: :twisted: --LIVELY

qtrmile2 12-06-2007 04:36 PM

All generators, air compressors, etc., that are powered by an internal combustion engine must have the exhaust directed up and above the top of the trailer, truck, RV, tent/awning, etc.

Does this mean we have to run diesel stacks on our race cars?
I just don't see this rule being enforced. Hard to beleive this is causing a problem at the track.

bjuice 12-06-2007 04:44 PM

i agree Vince..to me its the gall to even put it in the rule book..sort of sets the tone that the NHRA has adopted these days..

how about the NO drive shaft rpm sensors ?...well we know who didn't pay for protection this year..lol.. :D

qtrmile2 12-06-2007 04:52 PM

You are so right Brian.
Ya know years ago I ran IHRA Hot Rod class and went to alot of IHRA races. It's like two different worlds.
Now I know why.

SST4530 12-06-2007 08:37 PM

I think most of the guys I know that ran in the super classes at NHRA events have decided to go IHRA and tell NHRA to kiss our A$$! They have forgot who pays the bills and provides the bulk of support. The last national event we went o at Ennis they treated us like we were trailer trash (no offense intended to any actual trailer trash out there) :wink: had to even park our rigs at the Walfart a couple miles away. I've had it with um.

Bill

Tod74 12-07-2007 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by blittle
(no offense intended to any actual trailer trash out there) Bill

hahahahahaha :lol:

mcracecars 12-07-2007 05:52 AM

I dont have the new rule book yet, but has not the -15 suit for open body alcohol/nitrous cars (7.49) been there for many years now?

and the gas powered generator rules may be because some rednecks were running them in their trailers :shock:
I dont think it means if you have a generator beside your car in the pits you need a 12 foot exhaust stack on it....
Im not a huge fan of nhra, but im willing to give them the benifit of the doubt.

Tod74 12-07-2007 06:54 AM

at least the diaper rule changed for the better