Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carburetion, Induction, Nitrous (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Race Gasoline Recomendations??? URGENT Please Help! (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17261)

jcsmotorsport 05-14-2007 03:00 AM

Race Gasoline Recomendations??? URGENT Please Help!

I Have a 462 ci bb ford with 13.2-1 compression with a camshaft 280/290 at 50 , single 1200 cfm dominator and 6750 rpm stall convertor and 7900 gear change and seeing 8200rpm over the finish line.
The engine is currently in a 3520 pound car and has 3 speed auto.
We are currently running VPc14 plus but we were wondering if this fuel is too heavy for our application and if there is a better fuel we should use for our application?

lanham 05-17-2007 05:36 PM

Give VP fuel a call and they will tell you what to use.As for what i use my engine is around 13-1 and i use 110 Citgo.

Racing1968 05-20-2007 05:51 AM

I'd recommend the new vp 113 it's oxygenated and low cost or if you have the money c-25 is easier to tune and makes more power than c-14+. The compression is too low in that engine for c-14+

jcsmotorsport 05-21-2007 03:04 AM

i was wondering if comp is too low for c14+ then why wuld i use c25 ?

here is a list of approved race gasolines in australia, hope i can find one suitable that makes best performance

Martini Turbo 1400 - Yellow
ET102 - Light Yellow
Sunoco GT Unleaded - Clear
Sunoco GT+Unleaded - Light Blue
Sunoco Standard - Purple
Sunoco Supreme - Light Blue
Sunoco Maximal - Red
Sunoco Supreme NOS - Light Red
Sunoco Maximal#5(New) - Red
Shell RF 100 - Blue
Methanol - Clear
VP Motorsport 103 - Blue
VP Motorsport 109 - Clear
VP SVO 5 - Yellow
VP 110AU - Purple
VP C14+AU - Yellow
VP C16AU - Green
VP ROO25 - Clear
VP C25AU - Red
ERC A-19A - Red
ERC A-8C - Blue
ERC 110K - Purple
ERC AUS PRO DX3M - Purple
BP Racing Fuel 100 - Green
Nitro methane - Yellow
Elf Moto124 - Clear
ET110 - Light Yellow

Thanks for your time it is much appreciated!

montec468 05-21-2007 08:35 AM

I have a 13.5:1 engine and when I dynoed my engine with C12 and C14, the C12 made 6.5 more HP @ 7300 RPM.

slowman 05-21-2007 10:01 AM

. i know this will start something but i have never seen more hp with vp fuels over any other brand as long as you have the right fuel in the first place. there's more to fuel then just octane ratings but i would use the supreme sunco and if you feel like doing a little testing mix supreme 50/50 with the standerd and see if the car picks up in mph. make sure your keeping a eye on the tune up. good luck

montec468 05-21-2007 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by slowman
. i know this will start something but i have never seen more hp with vp fuels over any other brand as long as you have the right fuel in the first place. there's more to fuel then just octane ratings but i would use the supreme sunco and if you feel like doing a little testing mix supreme 50/50 with the standerd and see if the car picks up in mph. make sure your keeping a eye on the tune up. good luck

Slowman,

I have since switched to Sunoco Supreme 112 and I have been extremely pleased with the performance from it. The best part is that Sunoco is quite a bit cheaper than the VP fuels. :D

edvancedengines 05-22-2007 03:18 AM

I too would suggest no more than the Sunoco Supreme Blue. That even may be too much.

Here is the thing to know. You will make more hp by using no higher octane fuel than the one you need. Generally ozygenated fuels are bettrer for all motor engines. the previous is onlt an opinion from me.

Ed

bjuice 05-22-2007 09:01 AM

i am a former VP and Sunoco Fuel Distributer......the main difference between the 2 companies is that VP mixes their own fuels additives (chemicals) ...and SUNOCO is one of two actual oil refineries in the world that also mixes their base petroulemn

all the fules start off as a base pertroluem..and the companies such as VP add their own spice to it to make whatever they want it to be.

the key is getting the proper fuel to explode or ignite at a certain point of the engines rotation cycle...octane having nothing to do with it..all octane does is prevent detonation..
if anyone would like.. i have ton of material i can mail you that will explain the difference in the burn rate, the weight amoung many other fators...octane just being one small part of it...with VP you will find over 50 different types of fules...Suncoco you will have a titgheter group such as following
110- purple
112- blue supreme
114- forgot the name
116- newer fuel called NOS.....

104- Oxgented unleaded.
alcohol - imported

and a few other lower octane unleaded fuels.

....i will not start to name what VP has..its almost ridiculous.....
your roundy round guys are sneaking in the 104 oxgentated whenever they can (un-tested events)...the large sponsors have always used C-44. the average retail cost of this fuel is $58 to $60 bucks a gallon..thats right,,i didn't miss-type.. here back 3 years ago before the large fuel hike my cost on a 54 gallon drum of C-44 was $1800 dollars and would retail for $2400.00.
its more than that now....

any how enough of fuel for me ..i got such a bad taste in my mouth from that experience i will never forget..from dealing with VP and Suncoco down to the customer that knocked on my door at mid-night for 3 gallons of fuel..( no joke !)

all i can say if your looking for horsepower in fuel..concentrate in other areas such as getting most out of your chassis etc....as long as you are not detonating your not going to find enough HP to ever feel it in the seat of your pants unless you dump some NITRO ina already Alcohol fed motor.

You can take if from a guy that was selling 20 to 25 drums a month at my peak....countless of times customers come to my store/shop and expect to gain 3- 4 tenths in fuel ALONE...and i tell them every time DO NOT EXPECT THIS....

take it for what its worth..i hope maybe i have saved someoen some hassle and most of all ($$$$$$)....

Ed's right your SUNOCO 112 supreme will cover most of your 15 to 1 on down....110 purple from 13 to 1 down to 11 to 1..and of course 93 pump on the 10 to 1 on down..i will still mix in some 110 on the pump gas motors every now and then....if anything the SMELL.....lol...

Brian

Brian

harley12110 05-22-2007 12:13 PM

dfgsd

i have 2 468 bbc one in my dragster one in the girlfirends vega and use citgo c12 wich is 110 octane works awesome and so much cheaper