Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   4 Lane Drag Racing (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25163)

nofear57 08-03-2009 07:00 AM

4 Lane Drag Racing

I think 4 lane drag racing is on SPEED TV this Thursday night at 8pm eastern
PINKS from zMAX Dragway that was taped on April 25th.
Anybody else hear about it?

99nhra3pro1 08-03-2009 08:05 AM

Yes, that's this thursday.
I have some video transferred from 8mm film of 4 cars racing from the mid 60's at Byron. I believe speed is advertising it as the first time it has been "televised".

oldandtired 08-03-2009 08:06 AM

I saw a brief clip on it. If they use lights, I may try to watch it. If it's Rich, I'm changing the channel. Sometimes there are people that rub you the wrong way, even if you have not met them.
Dave

99nhra3pro1 08-03-2009 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by oldandtired
I saw a brief clip on it. If they use lights, I may try to watch it. If it's Rich, I'm changing the channel. Sometimes there are people that rub you the wrong way, even if you have not met them.
Dave

As wide as the track(s) are, I would think it would be a pain for the outer lanes to watch Rich acting like a duck, but I wouldn't be surprised if they do. :lol:

signsbyesa 08-03-2009 09:09 AM

popular hotrodding did a spread on the 4 lane racing, it looks cool,
there was a station wagon smoking everyone, nice :wink:

oldandtired 08-03-2009 11:33 AM

Flaping like a duck LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dave

zipper06 08-03-2009 12:16 PM

I've ran 4 lane drag racing at both Union Grove Wis. and Byron Il. in the late 50's and early 60's. It was more dangerous than fun, all the cars were classified in stock and you only ran against your classmates. it didn't last but a couple yrs. as i recall. I remember running my 1950 olds business coupe with a 3 sp column shifter in the D stock i believe, wasn't fast only a 17 sec. car.

Zip.

kod99 08-04-2009 05:21 AM

Dave

I agree, when I see Rich, I turn the channel. Never met him, but don't like him. The tree was invented for a reason....to make the races fair. It would maybe be watchable if some sweetie in a short skirt was flapping her arms, but Rich....Uhg!

ashbros 08-04-2009 08:57 AM

Use to love watching the show, but after seeing a few people get cheated out of their ride, a race or their money, or listening to Rich's dumb ash its kind of hard to stomach anymore....

4 lane isn't new to drag racing, just no one has done it in a while.

If I had to show everyone in TV land my dominance by flapping my arms & making sure I was in every shot of the show I think I would have to find another line of work or atleast wear a mask.
I have seen squid on national geographic with better looking mugs on them...........

JMO

MEMRACING62 08-04-2009 11:12 AM

Flaping like a duck LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dave

RICH NEEDS TO REPLACE HIMSELF WITH A HOT CHICK IN A STRING BIKINI. :idea: . WONDER WHAT THAT WOULD DO FOR REACTION TIMES :D