Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Electrical (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   starting prob (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24278)

Strick420 05-17-2009 09:42 AM

starting prob

hey guys I got a 89 mustang gt, with a problem the car will start and run but when I turn it off it won't start back up. could it be a power or a heat problem any help would be great thanks guys

TopspeedLowet 05-20-2009 05:15 PM

If you have added headers there is likely a heat problem with one of the primaries coming too close to the starter without heat shielding. If you do not have headers then the stock heat shield may be missing if it is a heat problem. You could also have a tired starter that is heat challenged. I have used paint thinner cans cut into sheets to wrap around exhaust pipes that come close to the starter to provide rust free heat shielding. I tie them to the exhaust with monel wire or stainless .063 tig wire. These are the most common heat problems involving the starter. If you have too high a timing setting, then the engine will roll over much harder when hot and cause a nearly no crank condition. A flooded engine will hydraulic if too much fuel is in the cylinder at restart if for instance the power valve is blown and filling the engine after shutdown. Leaking injectors can contribute to hard cranking if you do not have a carb. Do any of these causes fit your problem?
Bruce

mavrick11211980 10-13-2009 08:15 PM

start prob

well if tat ont fix it try checking the crank sencer it coud e craked or the ir ap gets to ide fom the vibrtion of the moter

curtisreed 10-14-2009 03:48 AM

Re: start prob

Originally Posted by mavrick11211980
well if tat ont fix it try checking the crank sencer it coud e craked or the ir ap gets to ide fom the vibrtion of the moter

What did he say :?: :?: :?: :?:

suicidebomb 10-14-2009 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by doorracer

As DrivingMissDD would say, press one for english :)

Scooterz 10-15-2009 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by suicidebomb

OK, let me take a crack at that post: He is saying that the CPS sensor could be cracked (then I lost track on this part)causing vibration from the idle of the motor. (maybe vibration/crack/CPS??)

Either way, good luck!! Scooter

oldandtired 10-16-2009 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by suicidebomb

Anyone want to guess his birthday?
Dave

suicidebomb 10-16-2009 10:13 AM

Well-I'll-be-dipped! I didn't catch that. :)

TheRabbit 10-16-2009 12:09 PM

Wrong. 11211980 is the day he graduated from Harvard. Just kiding, I never made it that far either..
His post sounded like the old guy from the movie Water Boy!! LOL

Scooterz 10-20-2009 01:08 PM

You mean Billy Bouchea`??? Dat Fool can play sum futball dough.