Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chassis and Suspension (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   question about building a s10 drag truck / front & rear (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22366)

mwestchevy 11-27-2008 01:15 PM

question about building a s10 drag truck / front & rear

any suggestions on whos backhalf kit to use? looking to build a 1994 or newer s10 extended cab. also what about the front end. use stock frame & add rack & pinion and coil overs? any info would greatly be appreciated. also does anyone make a complete frame assy. thanks ,brian

lively 11-27-2008 02:40 PM

DO YOU ALREADY HAVE THE TRUCK? IF NOT YOU MIGHT CHECK AROUND FOR A ROLLER OR PROJECT WITH SOME THINGS DONE ALREADY
ALOT OF UNITS ARE FOR SALE RIGHT NOW WITH THE SEASONS OVER MOST EVERYWERE :lol: :lol:
YOU ARE NOT FAR FROM WHERE I LIVE[ VANDALIA]--WHERE ARE YOU GOING TO RACE AT OR IS IT JUST FOR THE STREET?

LIVELY

hammertime 11-27-2008 03:40 PM

My dad put a 95 together with the S&W Backhalf kit we did it all and was very simple.

bigblock888 11-28-2008 01:22 PM

do you watch trucks on spike tv

if you watch trucks on spike tv they have a full how to on a s10 buildup including how to back half an s10

spib 11-28-2008 06:35 PM

Re: question about building a s10 drag truck / front & r

Originally Posted by mwestchevy
any suggestions on whos backhalf kit to use? looking to build a 1994 or newer s10 extended cab. also what about the front end. use stock frame & add rack & pinion and coil overs? any info would greatly be appreciated. also does anyone make a complete frame assy. thanks ,brian

check pm

mwestchevy 12-04-2008 03:57 PM

i dont have a truck yet, i like the extended cab stepside, my friend builds rail cars so he will put the backhalf, cage & ect. in it for me. i have been looking around for trucks already done or partially done. this will be a race truck only. i will be racing it at charleston (coles county dragway) most of the time. anyone have something like this let me know. im ready to buy. thanks, brian

dynaguy03 12-04-2008 04:37 PM

S10 Drag Truck

Good choice... i found a already back halfed s10 was pretty cheap.4500..rolling. i like S10's
It has an Alston back half ... works well now.. of coarse there were many things i changed ..but it ran go as i bought it. Al
Not a big dollar setup ijust did new moroso springs and QA1 front coil conversion shocks up front..Stock A arms.. with travel limiters
Im running a alston ladder bar rear.. with double adjustable vari- shocks.
i was running a 14.5 32 tire but that was too much.. i changed to a 13.5x 31.5 hoosier tubeless.
Anyway good luck enjoy

Keith

zipper06 12-04-2008 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by mwestchevy
i dont have a truck yet, i like the extended cab stepside, my friend builds rail cars so he will put the backhalf, cage & ect. in it for me. i have been looking around for trucks already done or partially done. this will be a race truck only. i will be racing it at charleston (coles county dragway) most of the time. anyone have something like this let me know. im ready to buy. thanks, brian

Brian you have a PM,
i know where one complete tires wheels, less motor and trans, for less than $5,000.00, its been on the track but not certified,all gages,but no electronics or fuel pump, but does have the rear fuel cell. Narrowed 9" with alum ctr. section 35 spline strage axles.
It's 5 min from my house.

If anyone else besides Brian is intrested PM me and i'll send the whole description.

Zip

lively 12-04-2008 07:39 PM

i go to coles county--nice down to earth track!!!!!!!!--i'll look around here to see if i can find anything-------
lively

mwestchevy 12-07-2008 06:37 PM

thanks everybody for all the usefull info, brian