Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   New Members Signing Up,Newbie Thread (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19208)

TheRabbit 01-05-2009 02:03 PM

Hello new guys and welcome to RJ!!

iowackers 01-09-2009 07:05 PM

Hey guys. I am Scott from Iowa and I am a Drive train Test lab supervisor for John Deere. I spent 6 years in the Air Force keeping watch on Iraq shortly after the 1st Gulf War working on the U-2. I worked for a Chevy dealership for 4 years after I graduated from Universal Technical Institute with a degree in Auto / Diesel. I know this may sound crazy, but I am bored with my '68 Camaro SS 350. :(

http://www.racingjunk.com/post/13667...RO-SS-350.html

I am one of those guys that would rather plug in a laptop or use a multi meter to tune and troubleshoot a car that change jets and use a test light!! I must be posessed!! :twisted: Anyway thanks for the great site.

Scott

carjeff1969 01-18-2009 11:28 AM

looking for mopars,bodies,engines,trans,ect.

i'm from north ga, we are looking for restorable mopars n other muscle cars of intrest,some trades are accepted. Soon we will have some of our cars up for sale. Send pics of what you got n price.[/i]

mopar1968 01-19-2009 07:47 PM

Hello folks I am Mark been here for awhile just thought since everyone else was posting i would, so howdy to all. Shoot can't let everyone else have all the fun. :!: :!: :lol: :lol:

''JUST MY TWO CENT'S WORTH''

lively 01-19-2009 08:30 PM

WELL--WELCOME EVERYBODY[EXCEPT MARK :lol: :lol: :lol: ]ONLY KIDDING-I LIKE MOPARS TOO
LIVELY

TheYellaBrick 01-19-2009 08:55 PM

Howdy doody..Mah names Dwaine, ask me again an I'll tell ya the same.
I'm a part time short bus driver..... 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

mikenpam 02-01-2009 03:42 AM

howdy!

This is my first forum. from what I've browsed so far, theres ALOT of info to be gotten from fellow race junkies! I've already got 2 of my questions answered just by browsing!

standing8count 02-01-2009 01:23 PM

Hey guy's,My name is Rod and I love what I have seen on this site so far.Hope to get to know some of you around here.

TopspeedLowet 02-01-2009 03:09 PM

Sorry I jumped over this thread before is started replying to and with you all a few month's ago. My name is Bruce, I live in midland michigan where Dow chemical has it's world headquarters. I have worked in construction my whole life of 42 years. I am a retired ASE trained mechanic and worked in ford dealerships mostly in Florida and south carolina. I am now a chassis, headder and engine builder with a back up job doing land development and moving dirt. I worked in the local pipe welding industry on and off for over 25 years. So Hello every one :D

robsbird 02-06-2009 05:47 AM

welcome to all

:D congrats; you have joined a great sight in RJ. Im rob and i've been here almost 2 years. lots of info here. I own my own automotive bussiness. Im a Christian of almost 30 years and have many voluntary hours in the Church local and abroud. and have never taken any money or pay in return. drag raced in the early 70' in ss/ with a hemi dodge. about 3 years ago decided to return to the drag strip, but just as a hobby and family fun.. Rob

Harbone 02-06-2009 08:24 AM

Hello everyone.
My name is Chris, I too have been on here for awhile and figured it was time to add my name to this list. I am a parts director for a very large (8 franchise) dealership in east-central Illinois and have worked for the same dealer over 20 years. I have been a drag racing fan since the 80's and started running down the strip in my own rides in 2005. I have enjoyed some of the banter and humor on the forum. I have bought 2 vehicles on here. I got screwed hard on 1 trade but learned a lot of lessons from that deal. All the guys are great on here!!

Chris
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

skmmudracing 02-06-2009 01:25 PM

This is danny and jessica of skmmudracing. We have mud raced for 10 years and are new to rj. Seems like a really nice site. Seems like alot of nice honest people on here hope that stays true and don't have any bad luck.
Thanks Danny and Jess

THERATTLER 02-08-2009 08:14 PM

HI yall,
Paul & Judy here , we have been with Racing Junk for a few years now , have never sold anything but sure like looking at the ads , never know what you will find..we recently started reading the forums and really get a kick out of them. I am a retired fireman and We race a Blown alcohol dragster around the south and have been doing so for quite awhile..keep up the good work R J.
We really like to read beetle juices comments...

Ontario350 02-14-2009 08:12 AM

Hi everyone what a great sight I came across. Love the easy flow and access to each forum with good insight from dudes with knowledge.

Have been looking across parts pages on here for upgrades to my ride and found a local guy in St.Catharine's Ontario I contacted.

Not quite a fifty year old young guy who loves nice street cars. In process of upgrading my 81 Z28 under the hood for a little more bite.

If I ask stupid question that's the part of me learning more.

Sure is a lot of self help on here though just reading many all ready asked questions.

Shawn,

London Ontario.

Scotty2 02-15-2009 05:16 AM

Welcome aboard Shawn from the other end of Ontario :P

henny 02-19-2009 08:57 AM

Hi Shawn
Another fellow Canadian eh! Welcome to RJ
I live a few hrs north of you
Tom

Originally Posted by Ontario350
Hi everyone what a great sight I came across. Love the easy flow and access to each forum with good insight from dudes with knowledge.

Have been looking across parts pages on here for upgrades to my ride and found a local guy in St.Catharine's Ontario I contacted.

Not quite a fifty year old young guy who loves nice street cars. In process of upgrading my 81 Z28 under the hood for a little more bite.

If I ask stupid question that's the part of me learning more.

Sure is a lot of self help on here though just reading many all ready asked questions.

Shawn,

London Ontario.

BEAST477 02-19-2009 09:21 AM

Been a member for awhile didn't notice this thread till recently, so here goes. My name is Mike i live in southwest Michigan where it feels like winter is never going to end. Well when it does it will be time to get to the track. Can't wait. This is a great site i'm addicted to it. Have bought and sold on here all have been good. Made many new friends and hope to make more. Thanks all and lets all have a safe and great race season.

Thanks Mike

ashtrak 02-23-2009 05:10 AM

Like Mike said above I never noticed this thread till I guess i finally opened up my eyes :shock: . My name is Don and i live in Maryland. I work for the railroad and i am 52 yrs young this year. I have 2 kids boy 17 and girl 14. I started out at drag racing when i started driving at 16. In the process of building a 75 Vega and come here to read and add any info thats avalible :P .

TheRabbit 02-24-2009 06:23 PM

Hey guys. Welcome from the Ga. crowd!! The home of .......well nevermind we try to forget he was President too!

realstreetcamaro 03-03-2009 06:43 PM

imma newbie

thanks to bjuice a guy from my area and moderator for helping me get into forums.here to learn and get info when possible.thank you greg ruppe

bjuice 03-03-2009 06:47 PM

hey Guys give it up for Greg he is a young Guy who is learning and wants to learn more...i told him what a good group we have here...

lively 03-03-2009 06:52 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ---OH OH -YOUNG ONES-----------------------------------------WELCOME YOUNG ONE--------------FROM AN OLD ON----LIVELY 8) 8) 8)

sukkurpunch 03-11-2009 07:01 PM

new to site

hey everyone kick ass site hope to meet some cool people and buy some good stuff!!!!!!!!!

sukkurpunch 03-12-2009 07:48 AM

new to site

trying to get my pic to work. looking for help with blower on a 350 sbc
thanks!!!

stang440 03-12-2009 09:42 AM

hello everyone!!!

I'm david been on here a little while and just noticed the section.. well to start i love mopars been wrenching on them almost 20 yrs. if you check my profile out you will notice a mustang,or as i call it 440stang.. cant help it the cars do work good. thanks for a great site.

sbnovass 04-04-2009 12:44 AM

hi my name is ralph im a tattoo artist from tx .i love racing and if i could i do it all day every day but anyway hope to have some fun and meet alot of cool people here

lookingaround 04-04-2009 03:55 AM

welcome Ralph

MowerPower2U 04-04-2009 09:45 PM

Hello, My name is Avery.I've been a RJ member for a little over a year.Just recently came over to the forum.I've involved in all kinds of racing over the years.Got away from racing and did custom car circuit for awhile.My latest project is a completey hand made fiberglass scale '29 Ford roadster that will be powered by a custom made air motor run on a mixture of C02 and Nitrogen. 200-300 lbs pressure,8,000 rpm's with 2,400 ft.lbs.torque only 10 hp. Looking for a top speed of around 130-140 mph.
Prototype ran 75mph with 1/3 hp,100lbs pressure at 30,000 rpm's.I'll post pics soon.

fatjodycat 04-22-2009 05:39 PM

Hey everyone, my name is Eddie, I'm from Metairie, La., I've been a member since 2003 and just started comming on the forum. I've raced since the 80's. Have a BBC and glide but no car at this time. Hope to be back in a few months . Great site and have enjoyed reading the forum. Alot of knowledgeble people on here.

TRWRacing 05-05-2009 08:37 AM

New to the board!

Hey Gang!
New rookie to the board here.

Former bracket racer, freelance racing journalist and Diamond P Sports intern.

Hope to promote some big $ races upcoming in 2009 and beyond.

Look for an announcement VERY soon about the biggest purse event anywhere in the country for July 4th weekend!

Glynn Williford

THERATTLER 05-05-2009 11:47 AM

:shock: RUN , WHILE THERE IS STILL TIME , THESE GUYS ON HERE ARE NUTS :lol:

TheRabbit 05-05-2009 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by sbnovass
hi my name is ralph im a tattoo artist from tx .i love racing and if i could i do it all day every day but anyway hope to have some fun and meet alot of cool people here

Hey Ralph. Welcome to the forum. I'm usually good for plenty of bs , I can promise you 1 thing NEVER LET ME TALK YOU INTO LETTING ME GIVE YOU A TATOO. You would be emotionally scared for life. Not to mention the the messed up scribble I'd leave accross your nose. I am the worlds worst at drawing. My drawing of a stick family the mom always comes out to fat!

dragonmaster093 05-20-2009 09:25 PM

hi guys new here name is sam joined cause ben into racing for years and herd about site got my truck up on here. im a member of a ford truck web site. two things ive noticed on here that bother me though people reply that car gone yet ad still up or say they want x dollars obo but trade value is way more other than that love the site

TRWMotorsports 05-24-2009 05:10 PM

Glynn Williford, aka Dr Hot Rod! Home office near Memphis.

43 yr old father of one son; Taylor now 16.

Former bracket racer, freelance journalist and the only person in America to ever intern with Diamond P Sports when they were NHRA's right hand.

Mother and father were both bracket racers. In fact, Mother beat Joe Lunati's wife in the money run of the very first powder puff race she ever entered.

Current Drag Strip Announcer at Memphis Motorsports Park.

Learned about calling drag races from the two best to ever do it.

Dave McClelland devoted his life to this sport and he and his lovely wife were as kind and gentle to a scared college kid as any loving parents could have been to their own children.
He displayed grace and dignity at all times and I never heard him say a cross word about another individual. He reportedly founded Super Chevy Sunday and if I sit silently, I can still hear his rich baratone voice thundering throughout the PA system.

Steve Evans was a firey guy from Southern California that is credited with as much of the sports development in its golden years as any one individual. He's credited with the trademark cliche beckon call of our industry which sets us apart from all other motorsport, "SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!"
Legend has it that he reportedly told John Force just to follow his lead in the interviews and he'd make him a star.

Ironically, I can recall sitting in Darrell Russell's trailer at Memphis in the Summer of 1996 with his dad and brother in the cramped living quarters of the red Chapparal that always flew the State flag of Texas. If I ever got lost in the pits, I knew I would be ok when I saw their flag. I remember sitting there asking Darrell when he was going to turn pro.
The ironic part is that Steve Evans asked him the same question when he won the US Nationals one year later!

Thats my story..or stories...and I'm stickin' to 'em!

The Doctor is In!

littlehotrod 07-01-2009 09:25 PM

hey

hey everyone im jason at littlehotrod and i made 2 honer payments and it makes a person feel good to make honer payments i know it does me..But anyway im in here to sell,,trade or Buy..I sell all kinds of stuff like BBChevy Parts and SBChevy Parts and Cars,,Trucks or anything that interesting LoL..But im trying to earn everybodys trust and if yall need anything please come to me and ill help yall anyway i can..if yall need any parts or just about anything then im here..It i dont have what u are looking for then let me know what u want or need and i can get it for you..Like i said im jason and im a Member Now..So my son has a Account on here too and his is onebadcamaro69 and check out his as well..So If any one who wants to be my friend please add me tou your list Thanks for yall susport making racingjunk a good please to buy,Sell and Trade..So thanks Again......

cepx111 07-02-2009 12:47 AM

Welcome aboard littlehotrod, do you race? if so where at?
I'm kinda close to ya in the Memphis area.

Cp

TheRabbit 07-02-2009 12:07 PM

Hello littlehotrod! BBC, good stuff! It's what made Fords go faster!! :P :P If it weren't for BBC's Fords would still be using hand cranks to start up with!! Whoops telling my age! lol

WELCOME to the board. Need anything just ask.

chiBB 07-06-2009 01:05 AM

hi everyone! my name is gerald and am from chicago...im looking for a nice pro street car to take to the track or cruise on the weekends to car shows if i wanted to...look forward to finding a car here on RJ and meeting people who are as big of car nuts that i am

littlehotrod 07-08-2009 11:33 PM

yes i race around Pickwick and blue mountain and holly springs and Jackson,TN..I Dont have My Ex BBChevy lol!!! My Son Owns it now and the one he is building is going to be a bad azz motor as well..its going to be a 512 Stroker..its going to be in a 1966 chevy SWB Pickup and going to be drove everday back and forth to school..He thiinks his motor is going to out run mine..But i said NAWWW!!!!But you never Know it might out run mine...My Son is 15 years old and knows about as much as i do or more on Big Blocks anyway..im a small block guy really but im learning alot on big blocks now...I building a Bad Azz 383 Stroker..I blieve it will run in the 5s thru 1/8 Mile..but i live in Corinth,Ms and yes i know where u from..we should hook sometimes and go to the races.well hope everyone have a good week

cepx111 07-09-2009 12:30 AM

Hey do you know Mike Wambo, Tim pace, or Steve Stykes?
They all run at blue mountain, pickwick and Jackson.
I don't get around much anymore, I got a old rickity trailor with rethreads for tires.
I'm 10 miles from memphis motorsports park as a crow flys but I never go there any more. Poor management, plus they dont have a regular bracket program, just last weekend they cancelled a big money race at the last minute, pissed off alot of folks.

Byhaliaraceway is my home town track, its where I cut my teeth dragracing years ago.

If they're open, I'm there every saturday night.

Next time your rolling down 78 pass up Holly Springs and George Howards B/S and cmon on up to Byhalia, you'll enjoy it.
Heres a pic of my junk

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x...y302009038.jpg