Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   User Feedback & Scammer watch (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Kentucky Speed and Performance (UPDATE) (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23126)

Sox 02-13-2009 05:18 PM

Kentucky Speed and Performance (UPDATE)

Anyone ever deal with this guy.I bought a carb from him last Sunday and still dont have it.I have shipped lots of parts and at the most it takes 3 days. I dont want to bad mouth this guy yet. Do you think Im jumping the gun.

Scorpion1110 02-13-2009 05:38 PM

Re: Kentucky Speed and Performance

Originally Posted by Sox
Anyone ever deal with this guy.I bought a carb from him last Sunday and still dont have it.I have shipped lots of parts and at the most it takes 3 days. I dont want to bad mouth this guy yet. Do you think Im jumping the gun.

I bought a set of Holley 94s that took 3 WEEKS to arrive. I could verify when he shipped- It took USPS 3 friggin weeks.

So are you jumping the gun?

Yes.

Contact the seller and give it another week.

Scorp

lively 02-13-2009 05:45 PM

i have sent parts the last few months and took from 5 days to 5 weeks--UPS--FEDEX BOTH---DON'T MAKE ANY SENCE :oops: :oops: 8) 8) 8)

wvhippie 02-13-2009 06:04 PM

He has a good rep. I belive you will be fine. Give him a little more time.

bigray 02-13-2009 07:19 PM

YEP..YEP.. more time..

ashbros 02-13-2009 10:19 PM

Well, I would stay on top of it and request a tracking number.

I just sent out a really nice procharger system to a guy in Lousiana. I have shipped a ton of stuff and usually 3 to 5 days delivery to buyer is tops. The procharger did not arrive as estimated by USPS. USPS said it was lost in mail.
I am always concerned about every shipment. I always insure the package, require a signature upon receipt and always submit a valid valid tracking number to buyer on day shipmenyt is sent out via email.

The buyer was very patient knowing through the USPS tracking process the item did show that it was dropped off for the inital delivery, but no status there after.

I got the post master involved after day 8. Day 15 postmaster informed me that he could not find package and that I would have to file a loss insurance claim 21 days after date of drop off.

You can only imagine how upset I was by now. Here I had a very nice guy who sent me his hard earned money for a nice procharger and he had not received it in a timely manner and now it is reported by postMaster to be lost.

Out of the blue, on day 21 the procharger was delivered, buyer happy with product and I was able to wipe the sweat off my brow.

Just goes to show you, no matter how well you try sometimes there are hurdles to jump.

bigray 02-14-2009 05:41 AM

i have had the same thing happen to me ,as long as everybody knows whats going on,it will work out..communication,communication.woo hoo i can spell that word. ..but i did look it up.. L.O.L.

fla1976 02-14-2009 06:09 AM

Shipping

It's unbelievable how long it takes to get some items. Seems that there is no sure and fast way unless you pay for overnight and most items don't warrant the expense. I have waited for weeks sometimes and you always wonder if it got lost or if it was even shipped. So far I have been very fortunate. Only one item was half lost, half the package was there. The box was torn by the post office and half the contents were lost enroute. It was insured and everything worked out. Insurance is a must with any shipment in my opinion. Too many ways to lose a package and it protects both parties for a nominal fee.

zipper06 02-14-2009 09:33 AM

X2 , insure,insure, insure and always provide the buyer with a tracking number, and keep track yourself, communications a must and all parties will be happy in the end.

JMO

Zip.

Scooterz 02-14-2009 10:58 AM

X2... tracking number & ship date are a must. My company ships all over the country sending our equipment everday & UPS.. its 3 to 5 days in most cases. Even from Oregon to Manie or Vermont it is a max of 5-6 buisness days GROUND shipping. If it takes more than a week, something is WRONG & can be explianed by tracking the package everytime... even if the package is lost... they can still tell you that. Remember, Monday is Presidents day... not sure that you will be able to count that as a shipping day or not.