Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Finally its time to race (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17620)

spib 06-22-2007 12:58 PM

Finally its time to race

For the first time my lil blazer is in the back yard, ready to load into the tag, it has been 4yrs , last time I bracket raced. And Now I will be doing it in a back halfed s10 blazer, a dream of mine. It will be slow at first and I dont care, how many fat boys cram there selfs into a tubbed out lil ride and make noise, I will and it is abought time, I am racing tommorow, At least trying out my ride, FINALLY :mrgreen: I am not very happy abought this can you tell

lookingaround 06-22-2007 01:02 PM

good luck mark. id take it easy on the first few passes to see how it is going to launch. it may need some adjusting becareful and good luck. we are just as happy for you as you are yourself

chevguy65 06-22-2007 01:16 PM

I agree with Avery,

After that turn it loose.

Oh Mark, do not do what a friend of mine did last week and roll half your car past the starting beam while staging...lol

Most of all Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let us know how wobbly your legs are after your first pass!

RonOwensRacing 06-22-2007 01:32 PM

Good luck and have some fun and be safe.
enjoy yourself and your new ride. Ron

bjuice 06-22-2007 01:35 PM

Go Boy...i am happy for ya...it was good speaking with ya on the phone the other day....
let us know how your experience went....

its too freaking hot here in S.C....

LUV YA MAN !!!! TAKE CARE

bjuice 06-22-2007 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by chevguy65
I agree with Avery,

After that turn it loose.

Oh Mark, do not do what a friend of mine did last week and roll half your car past the starting beam while staging...lol

Most of all Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let us know how wobbly your legs are after your first pass!

talking about a hell of a 60 ft...THATS ONE WAY TO GET IT DOWN....LOL :P :P

spib 06-22-2007 02:01 PM

thanks guys, its loaded and tyed down, I almost can get out of blazer when loaded to right, have big gut, thats why I have a winch, I guess, will race a first timmers bracket and when I go out first round, then will make time only passes

lively 06-22-2007 02:37 PM

HAVE A GREAT TIME SPIB!!!!!!!--I AM JEALOUS :shock: :shock:

bjuice 06-22-2007 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by spib
thanks guys, its loaded and tyed down, I almost can get out of blazer when loaded to right, have big gut, thats why I have a winch, I guess, will race a first timmers bracket and when I go out first round, then will make time only passes

ohh Mark...get you a checklist together for ebeything you need.

1- light set of tools, such as spark plug wrenches.
2- timing light
3- extra set of spark plugs
4- gas can
5- air tank
6- lug wrench...in your case spare tire

7- Duct tape.."I'll let you figure out what to tape up"....lol

:D :D :D ,,,Brian

jbsjunk 06-22-2007 02:49 PM

Don't forget the extra set of drawers you'll need after you shat yourself running faster than you thought. :wink: