Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Transmission (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Transbrake solenoid help!! (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17430)

bryanm 05-29-2007 04:26 PM

Transbrake solenoid help!!

Hey guys, I need some help here and quickly. I have a C6 trans in my mustang that I just recently installed, everything works fine except when I hit the transbrake button it engages fine but when I release ther is a delay before it disengages as though I am using a delay box but the car has no box. It is an Art Carr brake and I called them and they said to take the valve body apart and clean it so I did. The valve body was absolutley filthy but it still did not fix the problme so I am pretty sure I need a new solenoid. This is where it gets difficult, it uses an internal solenoid and Art Carr doesnt use this style or carry parts for it anymore. Does anybody know of any companies that still use this style? Or is there something else going on with my tranny that I havent checked yet? ANy help would be greatly appreciated guys, Thanks

jaykz1000 06-08-2007 06:02 PM

friend of mine had a whole mess of problems with this same style/brand valve body in a c4 he called them talked to them many times finally he told them he was so upset with it and they gave him a deal on a new one and he sent the old one to em... then we had to change the linkages in the transmission to find which one worked the best and was right even had to modify hit gate plate on his shifter cause the the linkage that was the right one wouldnt let it come all the way back in to first gear so had to file the gate plate for the shifter to move back farther...... that was the only way to fix it cause once u adjusted cable to make it go in to first gear it would go all the way in to park and vice versa... linkage seemed to be made alil to big or something.....hope this helps...

zipper06 06-09-2007 10:19 PM

Re: Transbrake solenoid help!!

Originally Posted by bryanm
Hey guys, I need some help here and quickly. I have a C6 trans in my mustang that I just recently installed, everything works fine except when I hit the transbrake button it engages fine but when I release ther is a delay before it disengages as though I am using a delay box but the car has no box. It is an Art Carr brake and I called them and they said to take the valve body apart and clean it so I did. The valve body was absolutley filthy but it still did not fix the problme so I am pretty sure I need a new solenoid. This is where it gets difficult, it uses an internal solenoid and Art Carr doesnt use this style or carry parts for it anymore. Does anybody know of any companies that still use this style? Or is there something else going on with my tranny that I havent checked yet? ANy help would be greatly appreciated guys, Thanks

I don't know anything about C-6's or the internal transbrake system,{ i'm a PG or 400 person} but the solenoid, must have a pn# or manufacture # on it. I would do a google search and see if you can find a new solenoid from the original mfg.

Zip.

jaykz1000 06-11-2007 09:05 PM

they told use it just that style valve body that it just dont work thats why they quit using it...

popparaces 08-16-2007 04:59 PM

I have had this same problem several times in the past after a lot of headaches I found out that the drive pin in the solenoid had backed out slightly and was catching. I fixed it at the track by tapping it back in,then changed it when I got home. Sounds overly simple but it can cause a lot of head scratching.