Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Pay it forward thread... (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31737)

Harbone 02-27-2012 10:09 AM

Pay it forward thread...

I got this idea from another forum
Mods it would be nice if this could be a sticky
We all have stuff laying around that we dont or will never use, odds and end parts, etc.
I think its a great idea to have a "Pay it Forward" thread!
Something you would give to a fellow car guy, racer, buddy that they need and you dont. The only money that should exchange hands would be to compensate for freight if need be. This is something the other person could use, NOT TO RESELL for a profit!
Any input??

:D

Scorpion1110 02-27-2012 10:26 AM

Re: Pay it forward thread...

Originally Posted by harbone66
We all have stuff laying around that we dont or will never use, odds and end parts, etc.
Something you would give to a fellow car guy, racer, buddy that they need and you dont. The only money that should exchange hands would be to compensate for freight if need be. This is something the other person could use, NOT TO RESELL for a profit!
Any imput??

My wife flies coach.

Neat idea Chris.

Scorp

mopar1968 02-27-2012 11:29 AM

Chris that is a good idea :!: :idea: :idea:

Mark

TheRabbit 02-27-2012 01:00 PM

I'll start.
I have 4 used single adjustable QA1 Shocks. 12.5" callapsed 18.5" extended.

A Team G intake (BBC.) It's old and been painted black (looks like crap to be honest. May be able to be cleaned up or repainted.)

Ford 9", 5.67 Strange Pro (drag race) gear. About 80 passes on it. I put it in new in March last year.
(I would have no problem putting it back in and running it, but I changed to a 5.43 in December.)

Just for the record.
I WILL GLADY DONATE THESE PARTS TO HELP A RACER THAT WILL USE THEM OR POSSIBLY TRADE FOR OTHER PARTS THEY WILL USE.

I WILL NOT DONATE THESE PARTS TO SOMEBODY JUST TO RESALE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!

I WILL THROW THEM IN THE TRASH FIRST.

Harbone 02-27-2012 03:05 PM

My turn, I have a bunch of custom drilled alcohol jets for a Holley. The guy I bought my old alcohol drag car gave them to me when I bought the car. He drilled them out of regular jets. I will package them individually and mark what they are. These are so small I will give them to whomevr needs them and ship them to you for FREE!!
Heres what I have.

qty 2 size .1285
qty 2 size .1299
qty 4 size .136
qty 2 size .1378
qty 2 size .1405
qty 3 size .1417
qty 1 size .144
qty 2 size .159
qty 2 size .156
qty 4 size .161
qty 2 size .166

Send me a PM if interested and I will ship them out!

TheRabbit 02-27-2012 03:55 PM

DON'T SEND ME A PM.
POST IT HERE FIRST, THEN A PM.

I DON'T WANT SOMEBODY THINKING I SENT PARTS TO SOMEBODY ELSE THAT THEY THOUGHT THEY SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN.

IT'S FIRST COME FIRST SERVE.

Scooterz 02-27-2012 04:17 PM

I have AN's... enough to plumb a HOUSE with 6, 8 & 10's... to big to list. Holley reg... non BP. valve cover Gaskets for BBC, jets for Holley, PV's, float bowl gaskets, I might have a set of copper .42 header gaskets... actually, one is .62 & one is .42

I need Rallies!!! Anyone with Rallies (15") let me know. I will buy a decent set from one of my RJ buddies...

TheRabbit 02-27-2012 05:19 PM

I have all sorts of coil springs (pairs) if somebody needs some. From 250lb up to 1,000. PLEASE DON"T ASK WHY! :D If you need some I can measure them and see if I have what you need.

Harbone 02-27-2012 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by TheRabbit
DON'T SEND ME A PM.
POST IT HERE FIRST, THEN A PM.

I DON'T WANT SOMEBODY THINKING I SENT PARTS TO SOMEBODY ELSE THAT THEY THOUGHT THEY SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN.

IT'S FIRST COME FIRST SERVE.

I agree Rabbit, post up here so its truely first come, first serve. We can PM just for shipping details.

I have some other stuff too, will do some digging this weekend

fast75vega 02-27-2012 05:46 PM

rabbit, those shocks coil overs.. pics?

TheYellaBrick 02-27-2012 06:29 PM

I LIKE IT !

Scoot, I'm needing a few of the #10 AN's for the engine cooler system in the YELLA BRICK. I'll be out to the shop tomorrow and will make a list and check it twice.

TheRabbit 02-28-2012 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by fast75vega

Yes.
It'll be this afternoon before I can get pics for you.

zipper06 02-28-2012 07:00 AM

I think it's a good idea, just make sure that the person asking for parts is ligit and not some newby who just signed up yesterday that no one knows. I've done this before with some people on here. In fact BJ sent me a MW 1350 PG yoke for my Anglia a couple yrs. ago the only stipulation was too not sell it, and ofcourse i never would.

Zip.

fast75vega 02-28-2012 09:18 AM

thanks rabbit.... be looking to get some adjustables but my budget hasnt allowed me.... :(

gonna have to go though the parts i got left in my garage... already gave alot away to other guys at the track that really needed help....lol

Scooterz 02-28-2012 09:54 AM

agreed zip. DD call or PM w/ exact needs on the 10AN's if I got em, they are yours.

Scoot needs rallies...15"

fast75vega 02-28-2012 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Rigsby
agreed zip. DD call or PM w/ exact needs on the 10AN's if I got em, they are yours.

Scoot needs rallies...15"

15" rallies 7 in or 8 in with? i think i still got my set of 15 by 7's that came on a 73 malibu chevelle i bought.... they were in great shape with all the centers and beauty rings. if they are still down at my parents barn... he can have them for what ever the shipping will be :)

TheRabbit 02-28-2012 02:31 PM

thanks rabbit.... be looking to get some adjustables but my budget hasnt allowed me.... :(

gonna have to go though the parts i got left in my garage... already gave alot away to other guys at the track that really needed help....lol

Budget! LOL . I blew right by that the frist month I bought my race truck!!

They do need to be cleaned up, but work fine. You will need the inserts and snap rings in the ends. Two shocks have the hard rubber inserts and I can't find the other ones. When I ordered the new ones I got the wrong ones. Instead of sending them back I just took the inserts out of the old shocks.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t...548/Shocks.jpg

fast75vega 02-28-2012 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by TheRabbit

Budget! LOL . I blew right by that the frist month I bought my race truck!!

They do need to be cleaned up, but work fine. You will need the inserts and snap rings in the ends. Two shocks have the hard rubber inserts and I can't find the other ones. When I ordered the new ones I got the wrong ones. Instead of sending them back I just took the inserts out of the old shocks.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t...548/Shocks.jpg

rabbit.... those will work great buddy.... i will inbox you my addy.....let me know what ya want for the shipping bro? the one's i got now arent even adjustable at all...lol i spent way to much money between all the fiberglass parts and made the last payment on my motor that im putting in this year... plus i still need to new tires for the front before race season and if i can ... i really need a painless wiring harness... my shit is all chopped up from the previous owner :cry:

TheRabbit 02-28-2012 04:23 PM

Got PM.

I'll keep looking for the inserts. I always keep things together, but can't find them for some reason.

I hope they make you go faster than you've ever been! :D

Does this mean I get a % of your winnings?? :D ..... :idea:.... lol

Harbone 03-01-2012 05:33 AM

Scooter,
I will take those BBC valve cover gaskets. I will send you a PM, let me know what it costs to ship them.

Scooterz 03-01-2012 10:02 AM

No prob... PM sent.

TheRabbit 03-01-2012 01:13 PM

Update for my parts.
All 4 shocks are gone.

Harbone 03-01-2012 04:19 PM

I hope this thread turns into a epic one!

Harbone 03-03-2012 02:10 PM

I sent Brian (bjuice) my old split bumpers off my car. Hopefully he puts them on his Camaro and posts up some more pics of it soon!

dragonmaster093 03-04-2012 09:05 PM

fast will engine harness from a 73 chevlle work? was cut at the firewall plug buy the guy i got it from i had bought it for a guy but never got payed for it so here is sit

RonOwensRacing 03-05-2012 09:00 AM

i really need a painless wiring harness... my s is all chopped up from the previous owner .
Fast you will better to go with the K&R wiring system over painless a lot nicer and a lot easier to do.

http://www.krperformance.com/item--S...d_chr_kit.html

Just wanted to ad and im not trying to sell you on this kit because we are a K&R dealer . I have also installed this kit in two of my race cars and three friends of mine .

fast75vega 03-06-2012 05:48 PM

go the shocks today rabbit.... thank you bro :) you got PM too

dragonmaster093 03-08-2012 07:51 PM

any one have a sbc intake for 87 up thats collecting dust and dont want?

lively 03-11-2012 06:52 PM

any of you chevy guys have the pulleys and brackets for a v-belt setup--power steering and alternator[no air conditioning]---350 engine in my son's s-10?? let me know 8)

bjuice 03-14-2012 01:47 PM

Re: Pay it forward thread...

Any input??

I agree Bone...working on the sticky now...Also thanks for the split bumpers...put them on the z' and she is looking good !

bjuice

bjuice 03-14-2012 01:50 PM

I sent Brian (bjuice) my old split bumpers off my car. Hopefully he puts them on his Camaro and posts up some more pics of it soon!

I sent Bone a Pic (text) of the split Bumpers they look great ......just text Bone he and the wife are chilling out down in Cedar Florida catching up on some nice R&R...you guys be careful coming back Friday !...again thanks Chris !

bad68backhalf 03-16-2012 03:10 PM

That is a great idea,i will get a list together of stuff i have laying around,i would be great to help someone out.

SPEEDNEEDS1 03-17-2012 03:02 PM

lively, I have all of the pulleys that you need, I have the alternator with pulley on it, pwoer steering pump with pulley, water pump, crankshaft pulleys. Have no use for these. Traded for a complete 355 a couple of years ago and this stuff was on it. Motor was junk but all of the accessories was fine...... pm your address.

SPEEDNEEDS1 03-17-2012 03:10 PM

I have a few sets of HEI style plug wires. Some sets are not complete, MSD, ACCELL, and 1 partial set from a engine builder not sure of brand.

1 small block holley strip dominator intake, never ported, all bolt holes in great shape. Hammertone light grey........ Had no luck selling of 125.00 so if someone needs it worse than I do send pm.......

bjuice 03-18-2012 07:52 AM

[quote="DrivingMissDD"] I LIKE IT !

Scoot, I'm needing a few of the #10 AN's for the engine cooler system in the YELLA BRICK. I'll be out to the shop tomorrow and will make a list and check it twice.
[/quo

DD what type 10an fittings you need ? Straights,90's,45's,120's,180's etc. let us know

Thanks, Brian

TheYellaBrick 03-18-2012 05:31 PM

AK ! I got side tracked on a new steel fab project..My AN list is still in the works. Thanks gang.

TheYellaBrick 05-12-2012 02:25 PM

OKAY ! Here's what I need;

6ea - 1/2" npt X #10 straight
3ea - #10 to hose 90 degree
2ea - #10 to hose 120 degree
1ea - #10 to hose straight

Here's what I've got for someone with a 460 Ford;

BRAND NEW never been outa the box(box is a tad shop worn) :oops:
Cast aluminum Genuine Ford Racing valve covers. $145 new - Free to you if you pay shipping(includes new Victor Victotech gaskets)

Also have 3 NEVER used orange oil filters for FREE you pay shipping :shock: 2ea PH8A / 1ea TG16
:P :P :P :P

Scooterz 05-14-2012 02:51 PM

DD!!

I will check out what I have tonight. I have not looked at this thread in awhile... sorry about that.

Scooterz 05-17-2012 08:36 PM

DD: I have not forgotten ya... been passing kidney stones this week & not working, going to ER & getting CT' scans. basically been in fetal-position & pissing blood... good times. I should be able to have some normality tomorrow or the next day pending passing the last 4mm rock soon... I HOPE.

TheYellaBrick 05-18-2012 06:24 AM

OUCH ! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I've not had the 'pleasure' of kidney stones but "I sure feel your pain"....yeah, riiiiight :roll:
I've got til August to put it together, Scoot.
Uh....gritchyer teeth and hang in there.....yeah riiiiiight :oops: :oops: