Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   NHRA COMPETITION LICENSE FEES (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27400)

tazracing 02-18-2010 05:42 AM

NHRA COMPETITION LICENSE FEES

What everybody think of NHRA doubling the license fees.

3dracing 02-18-2010 06:04 AM

It SUX.

hammertime 02-18-2010 07:58 AM

they did this awhile ago and it sucks but hey got to pay .. to play

TopspeedLowet 02-18-2010 08:10 AM

Those %**SOB#$%@

Could not believe that they did the double all fee's B.S. right at the time when all our 401K's took a dump. The increase was unreasonable and the few the have defended there position state that NHRA has not had an increase for 10 years or something close to that. Well, try to raise your fees suddenly without even the tracks knowing, and do it in a way that the southern tracks that start early get the old rate in 09 and us northerners paid double the same season for the same sticker that is really there own license plate more or less that they decide when it needs to be renewed. If your car was legal when you built it, then it should be legal the life of the chassis baring some new safety innovation that needs to be implemented.
I am having a hard time wanting to pay to continue my license as well. My track operator feels the same as I do in respect to these fee doubling.
Thanks for the question, I feel a little better now
Bruce

slowmotion 02-18-2010 12:16 PM

I understand a rate increase, but DOUBLE?

My car is certified but I run 6.40's-50's in the 1/8 to be just above the bump. I may not get it recert when it comes due. If the car ran high nines in the 1/4 i would probably slow it down to 10.00. If it was low 9's or faster I'd get a license.

johnracer 02-18-2010 04:08 PM

Yep, it sux......but I agree with David, you gotta pay to play. I've never mastered the art, or determined exactly what you have to eat to crap money, (I hear it's lot's and lot's of ketchup) but i have no intention of slowing my car down, or quitting as a result of higher fees. I'll be recerting my chassis next month, and I'll just pay the fee and move on......
Johnny

zipper06 02-18-2010 04:33 PM

I don't know if the certification fees are standard across the board, but here in La. it's $250.00, the guy has a shop in Monroe La. It don't make sense to me for him to spend 15 min. and i have to lay out $250.00, for an 8.50 cert.

JMO

Zip.

tazracing 02-18-2010 04:48 PM

IT IS 150 FOR CHASSIS CERT AND 248 FOR MY LIC AND MEMBERSHIP.

lively 02-18-2010 06:56 PM

still say it-----------NHRA IS A MONEY SUCKING GROUP :? :? ---ALOT LIKE OUR GREAT GOVERNMENT :? :?

IF RACERS WOULD UNITE AND STAND UP TO THE 'BULLY' HE WOULD CHANGE HIS WAYS :shock: :shock:
MY 2 CENTS--AND YES-YOU CAN DEFEND THEM BUT I STILL WILL FIGHT THEIR WAYS OF GREED AND CONTROL :wink: :wink:
LIVELY

kwkracing 02-18-2010 07:11 PM

Here is Texas i have called two of the division tech inspecters time and time again, just to make a apointment to get my car recertified, I have yet to get anyone besides a answering machine. I can call the area office and talk to the secretary and nothing, no calls. I agree with you guys about nhra sucking!