Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What does it take to sale a car right now??? (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31649)

julieward 02-06-2012 04:44 AM

What does it take to sale a car right now???

Trying to Sale 2 nice Complete Drag Cars.... What does it take... From looking at other cars i feel they are priced great... Any suggestions

hammertime 02-06-2012 05:15 AM

Re: What does it take to sale a car right now???

Originally Posted by julieward
Trying to Sale 2 nice Complete Drag Cars.... What does it take... From looking at other cars i feel they are priced great... Any suggestions

Honestly ... cars are selling better right now then they have in a few years.

Price is everything and if your not getting any action, its usually price. There is a buyer for every car out there at the right price. I checked out your ad's look like nice cars. The camaro doesnt say if its nhra tagged or not ? What I do see that is a major killer, lack of pictures.

I can tell you this also buddy just got back from N.C a few weeks ago with a nice tube chassis camaro with a 598 running 5.2 in the 1/8th. He paid almost 4k less

curtisreed 02-06-2012 11:58 AM

I checked out your ads and the biggest downfall I see is as David said, no pics that will show details. Your cars may be everything you say they are but no way to tell from the stands which is what it's like trying to get an idea from the pictures you have up. JMO.

Curtis

ghustler 02-06-2012 01:03 PM

People are pic whores!
But in an ad you really have to stress certain areas and convince the potential buyer they have to buy your car.
I have sold enough cars and parts to know the real buyer deal happens in about 5 mins.
All these other fruitcake buyers want you to talk them out of buying your car or part by asking 5000 questions until they find something that turns them off.

markdunlap 02-06-2012 02:17 PM

What does

It is always tough to find that person that thinks your car is as good as you think it is. But it does happen.

I sold a 30K car on this site a couple of years ago.

This winter I sold a 20K car on this site. Over 3000 views in about a month.

Right now I have a 15K car for sale on this site. Over 1200 views in about a week. No buyers yet.

I use as many pics as needed to tell the story about the car. You can put 25 pics on 1 ad. I take about 100 pics and then pick out what highlights the components. I change the ad every week. I change the wording from time to time.

It is important to keep it out there for as long as it takes.

See my ads 2462372 and 2469143 if you want.

Good luck.

bad68backhalf 02-11-2012 12:22 PM

I am selling a camaro,drag car,the car is super nice,i had hard time even thinking what it is worth. Couple people were intrested but that is as far as it went. I dont think it is the price. I see cars on here for the same amount as my car that are not close to mine in cond,then i see cars that are nicer than mine for the same money. There is an ass for every seat,guess i will have to wait and see what happens.

bbchevy 02-11-2012 03:07 PM

?

Originally Posted by bad68backhalf
I am selling a camaro,drag car,the car is super nice,i had hard time even thinking what it is worth. Couple people were intrested but that is as far as it went. I dont think it is the price. I see cars on here for the same amount as my car that are not close to mine in cond,then i see cars that are nicer than mine for the same money. There is an ass for every seat,guess i will have to wait and see what happens.

That is VERY True!

But ,them ASSES are getting FARTHER and FEWER!!!!!!

Later
G 8)

oldandtired 02-13-2012 06:43 AM

Sell, not sale.
Best regards, the grammer police. :?

shybx1969 02-13-2012 03:00 PM

PICS PICS PICS.......u gotta take alot more..... :D

markdunlap 02-13-2012 06:22 PM

What does

Like I said above. They give you 25 chances to tell the story. Use them all. Better yet, do 2 ads and use 50.

I have 3 ads on the same car. 75 pics. 2000+ views so far. The right buyer is out there for some cars. They will find you if they SEE what they are inerested in.