Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Powdercoat question (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20462)

olds48 04-06-2008 11:30 AM

Powdercoat question

Is it okay to powder coat a gear carrier and brake drums.I didn't know if the heat(450 degrees ain't it?)would hurt or distort anything :?: Thanks for any ideas.

hammertime 04-06-2008 02:39 PM

Re: Powdercoat question

Originally Posted by olds48
Is it okay to powder coat a gear carrier and brake drums.I didn't know if the heat(450 degrees ain't it?)would hurt or distort anything :?: Thanks for any ideas.

Not sure about brake drums but gear carrier is ok, I've did it before and seen several others do it with no issues.

outlaw256 04-06-2008 06:31 PM

powdercoat

called a friend of mine today, who owns a powdercoat buisness. he said carrier no problem brahe drums to thin in the center and that more than likely they would warp. after he answered my question he asked me one. How many times are you going to ask me this?now i remember why ive been priming and painting them, because ive asked him so many times befoe. i HATE GETTIG OLD. but it beats the alternative!

olds48 04-07-2008 06:58 PM

:lol: :lol: Thanks guys.I kinda thought so on the drums,too.About getting old..I'm only 27(be 28 in 2 days,actually :shock: )man...I can't remember anything!!I think cam2 and VHT must kill brain cells or....uhmm...???what was we talking about???....oooh...look....something shiny!!!...... :D

lively 04-07-2008 07:01 PM

IT IS OK TO LOOK AT THE SHINY /PRETTY THINGS BUT YOU MUST NEVVVVVVVVVVVER TOUCH THEM :x :x :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

suicidebomb 04-07-2008 07:03 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY early, Dude
suicidebomb

lively 04-07-2008 07:07 PM

BOY OLDSIE--I AM NEARLY TWICE YOUR AGE :shock: :shock: :shock: ---YOU ARE REALLY YOUNG[ HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANYWAY]-----I HOPE YOU HAVE LOTS MORE :lol: :lol: :lol:

LIVELY

olds48 04-07-2008 07:11 PM

Thanks guys.I hope to make it a while.Said I'd never live to see 25,made that.Now just gotta get to 30 without killing myself with a car:D Women don't help things :roll:What makes them think it's a good idea to grab the wheel when you're going for second gear during a really sweet looking sideways drift??One of these days......

suicidebomb 04-07-2008 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by olds48
Thanks guys.I hope to make it a while.Said I'd never live to see 25,made that.Now just gotta get to 30 without killing myself with a car:D Women don't help things :roll:What makes them think it's a good idea to grab the wheel when you're going for second gear during a really sweet looking sideways drift??One of these days......

Man i know thats right, If Ida known I was going live this long, Ida took better care of myself!
suicidebomb

olds48 04-07-2008 07:21 PM

Well said Sbomb :lol: :lol:BTW,love your Fiat!!!Thing is sick 8)