Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   New Members Signing Up,Newbie Thread (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19208)

bbbentley 12-29-2017 03:56 AM

Email to seller sent 12-26:

“Michael, got lifters today. I hope there can be an understanding between us and a return of my money sent and I just return these lifters.
When you advertised this item the ad clearly stated that the lifters were new. The lifters are clearly not new and not Isky either. Not sure why you would claim these parts and box new?”

No response as of today 12-29
Further evidence that seller is not being honest or trying to resolve this. Good thing I paid with USPS. I’ll start a fraud investigation today.

If someone can show me how to post pictures, I’ve got the evidence.

Harbone 12-29-2017 04:44 AM

Click on the picture icon, looks like a pic of a tree, and either ull ove from your computer or a URL address. If you can not figure it out shoot me message and I will give you my email address and post them up for you.

Harbone 12-29-2017 04:46 AM

Now I am confused since the ad clearly states "I found an antique set of Ed Iskenderian lifters in my shop. The box has some age, but the lifters seem to be in ok shape. I would be hesitant to put these into service, though. I think that they would be better used by putting them on display in a man cave. They still have the original instruction sheet. Fit Pontiac, Chevy and old Fords. Local pick up, or will ship at your expense.(about $9.00)
"
I do not see anywhere in the ad that it says they are new????

bbbentley 12-29-2017 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by Harbone (Post 1530288)
Now I am confused since the ad clearly states "I found an antique set of Ed Iskenderian lifters in my shop. The box has some age, but the lifters seem to be in ok shape. I would be hesitant to put these into service, though. I think that they would be better used by putting them on display in a man cave. They still have the original instruction sheet. Fit Pontiac, Chevy and old Fords. Local pick up, or will ship at your expense.(about $9.00)
"
I do not see anywhere in the ad that it says they are new????

Right at the top where it has location. Below that it says CONDITION- NEW
Statement that lifters are ok. Ok to throw away is what it should say. To say that they are ok means the are new or usable.
Sounds like you are taking the sellers side so no use in saying anymore. Probably your relative or buddy?

In all correspondences, never was the word “used” or “worn” used to describe anything offered for sale. I certainly have better things to use my money on than $50 for a box! And you are a Moderator? I guess you are the one to help since you can't read? Thanks a lot. (Sarcasm tempered by anger). Reread the whole ad and tell me if “ used” or “ new” is used in the ad?

bbbentley 12-29-2017 05:46 AM

https://www.racingjunk.com/Lifters/1...Gone-Gone.html

Harbone 12-29-2017 12:31 PM

No buddy or relative of mine but the line that clearly states " I would be hesitant to put these into service, though. I think that they would be better used by putting them on display in a man cave" Would have made think twice about using them in anything.
A brand new set of lifers from Jegs is $50, why take the chance on a set of lifters that are old and have no guarantee?
Box is cool though!

bbbentley 12-29-2017 02:11 PM

Now I understand your tag line better. Where you come from reading comprehension must mean you are gifted? And not normal? I’ll let it go at that. Like I said , done with the likes of your type and this site.

bbbentley 12-29-2017 02:17 PM

Further, I didnt know it was a moderator’s job to proselytize. You have no right to tell me what to buy or what to do with what I buy. But in case I ever meet you in public I’ll save these so I can tell you what to do with them.

And irrespective of anything else written in the ad, you refuse to acknowledge the word NEW used to describe the condition. With a Moderator like you, I can see why this site is full of scammer complaints

Harbone 12-29-2017 04:44 PM

I see the word new, I was just posting the other obvious terminology in the ad. Feel free to tell me what to do with them when you see me next time :rolleyes:

curtisreed 01-02-2018 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by bbbentley (Post 1530293)
Further, I didnt know it was a moderator’s job to proselytize. You have no right to tell me what to buy or what to do with what I buy. But in case I ever meet you in public I’ll save these so I can tell you what to do with them.

And irrespective of anything else written in the ad, you refuse to acknowledge the word NEW used to describe the condition. With a Moderator like you, I can see why this site is full of scammer complaints

Seriously dude. I don't know you but if anyone around here could or would help a guy with a scammer it would be Chris. You jumping down his throat because you screwed yourself is asinine. Even if they were new they were still antique. Why would you think they were worth putting in an engine? You being through with this site is a good thing in my opinion. Of which we all have.

Curtis

DaPineyPoolBoy 01-16-2018 06:25 AM

Mr. Balke, if you had checked your e-mail from 12/31/17, you would have seen that I offered to send your MO back once I received the lifters in the box. I will also send a check for the shipping that you'll incur for doing this. During our MANY e-mails back and forth, you should have noticed that I am NOT some BS'er. I have gotten a notice today from the post office that there is a package for me to pick up. If they are the lifters, I'll be sending out restitution immediately. Frankly, calling me a scammer is asinine, and threatening a fraud case is childish. You knew what you were purchasing. You should have thought this through initially. Have a pleasant day!!!

Harbone 01-16-2018 06:35 AM

Paul thanks for coming over and telling the other side of the story!

Trisha63 02-25-2018 11:38 AM

How much would a 63 Ford Falcon with small block engine go for? It is race ready

Chamily88 03-01-2018 01:05 AM

Welcome. I am glad to join this forum.

aJunkCollector 05-16-2018 02:34 AM

Not sure this place is where I wanna be.
Looks like a lot of puppies leaving puddles around here.
I found this place when I hit an estate sale and found a T-shirt from here.
We will see!

Chamily88 05-29-2018 03:08 AM

I am Chamily Zoie. I am very happy to join in this forum.

Harbone 05-29-2018 05:31 AM

Welcome Chamily!

Chamily88 05-29-2018 08:57 PM

Thank you Harbone!

AbuR 06-05-2018 01:10 AM

Today I join this Great Forum. I am filling happy for joining here. I hope the all member will be my best friends and help me on my critical problems.

Thank you

Jtone 09-20-2018 07:39 AM

Lost add. Just upgraded my add and now I can't find it. Hard to sell a car no one can find. Help please someone.

Jack

Harbone 09-20-2018 04:58 PM

This ad?

https://www.racingjunk.com/Dodge/183...Dodge-330.html

Skip White 02-06-2019 04:39 PM

Skip White Performance Premier Engine Builder.

Just signed up on Racing Junk. We will be posting many ads in the classifieds of our exceptional line of high performance street rod engines, rotating assemblies, cylinder heads, and many other high performance parts. Visit our storefront.

MeadowMtnRods 02-13-2019 11:02 PM

Hi everyone! I've been a long time lurker on racing junk, but just recently signed up for an account. I'm 28 years old and have spent the last 9 years in the military, but I've finally hit a point in life where I can pursue some racing dreams. Most of my racing experience is on dirt and street bikes, but now that I've got a little girl I'm planning to move to the 4-wheel world. It's mostly dirt oval racing where I'm at in the mountains of WV, MD, PA, so more than likely that's the route I'll seek. Anyway, I don't want to get too long winded on here. Wanted to say hello, and if anyone knows of a crew that needs a hand or possibly willing to teach me the ropes of the dirt world I'd appreciate a shout out!

Harbone 02-14-2019 03:36 AM

Welcome to the RJ forum!

jpcs 09-18-2019 04:44 AM

Hi Im James I work for a local Engine parts company and we can supply any thing you need for your engines to keep them going- please let me know if we can be of any help to you all

bmobilekr 09-19-2019 02:22 PM

SCAMMER~~~~ watch out for this guy!!

willhiteb 05-14-2021 08:18 AM

Hello, everyone!

I joined because I might be selling some new and some used parts on here in the future. I recently got hired by a company to sell parts online. If this is against community guidelines, please let me know. I definitely want to respect what this site is all about!

I am also wondering if there are other sites like this where someone can list parts for sale? Please let me know if you know of others! I would greatly appreciate it.

bocrangsunetvn 05-20-2021 02:23 AM

My name is Thuy, recently joined, a friend of mine told me about it

My name is Thuy, recently joined, a friend of mine told me about it

oldman4880 05-22-2021 10:10 AM

hey redchamp01 thank u for your service.im a disabled viuetnam vet with 20 yrs of service

GSI_114893928742681855241 04-12-2022 06:45 PM

Welcome along

livestream 07-31-2022 11:27 PM

hey everyone

sophia78 03-20-2023 01:24 AM

New Members Signing Up,Newbie Thread

Hi,
One of my friends vijayallenraj, is a newbie who has just registered on team-bhp. Even though newbie posts are moderated, he isnt able to post anywhere. Is there a place where newbies should first post which will then appear in the forums, or do they use the normal forum tool to post a new thread?. Am just posting this on his behalf, can someone help?. The FAQ sections etc dont help much. Also, he is able to login, just not able to post. The support thingy doesnt work either.

DakamiCosmetic 09-27-2023 08:30 PM

Hi. My name is Dakami. Nice to meet you all

Harbone 10-25-2023 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by sophia78 (Post 1538824)
Hi,
One of my friends vijayallenraj, is a newbie who has just registered on team-bhp. Even though newbie posts are moderated, he isnt able to post anywhere. Is there a place where newbies should first post which will then appear in the forums, or do they use the normal forum tool to post a new thread?. Am just posting this on his behalf, can someone help?. The FAQ sections etc dont help much. Also, he is able to login, just not able to post. The support thingy doesnt work either.

what is his user ID on the forum?

Brokerdoug02 01-06-2024 05:33 AM

Good morning

Good morning. You sound very friendly I like that .. happy new year

Brokerdoug02 01-06-2024 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by A3PedalRacer (Post 270189)
Hi! I'm Keith in Tennessee. Just checking in and starting to check out the website.

good to see you here …

fabetcz 01-25-2024 09:37 PM

ok thank thank

Alexand 01-30-2024 04:18 AM

Hello everybody! I'm Alex from London, UK! Nice to meet you all!

bomb52club 02-01-2024 05:31 PM

ok, nice to hear that

WKTinc 03-09-2024 12:59 PM

Hey All! Steve here from NY. Been visiting the site for awhile, finally decided to become a Pro member yesterday lol. Newbie Squid to the forums and the online scene, but not the car scene. Hoping to help out and get help, make business connections, and grow. Just wanted to make the intro and say Hi, check us out! Thank you