Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   In The Pits (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   I've lost 95% of respect I ever had for this man, (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22676)

TheYellaBrick 01-02-2009 01:01 PM

I've lost 95% of respect I ever had for this man,

And I voted for him TWICE......typical politician action.....

http://www.cfiflistmanager.org/relea...amosiv1be.html

mopar1968 01-02-2009 08:12 PM

I agree with you, I just can't believe the people he pardoned? And he is supposed to uphold the law? :roll: :roll:

Scooterz 01-03-2009 09:14 AM

Wow... I knew Bush has been pretty lienient about illegals, but that is ridiculous. I voted twice for him too... what are you gonna do. I would like to believe that there is more to this one-sided story we read about. Why would he let this happen?? disgusting...

bjuice 01-03-2009 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Rigsby
Wow... I knew Bush has been pretty lienient about illegals, but that is ridiculous. I voted twice for him too... what are you gonna do. I would like to believe that there is more to this one-sided story we read about. Why would he let this happen?? disgusting...

i agree Rigsby..there's got to be more then what the surface shows....but on another side of things..should a man do a life sentence for a drug charge such a CONSPIRACY to Posses with intent to distributute Mary jane ?...how many could go down for this from their teen years until now ?...what i mean by Life sentence is being a convicted felon the rest of your life. all rights stripped !...People make mistakes.

lets say if a person never had a record,And at 23 yrs old got stuck for mary jane conspiracy, served his time,paid fines, had no other problems and 15/18 yrs have passed.....This guy should not be considered for a pardon ?...come on......i think some folks need to look at the department of justice website to see when a presidential pardon can be granted under US law and this may answer some of the Questions that arrise out of this.

i dunno guys..the law says a felony is a felony and creates cvil disabilities for those charged..but i say there are different degree's of felonies..such as child molestation/Murder/Armed Robbery is a enitre different Felony then a 22 yr old popped for a Mary jane or Cocaine conspiracy 20 yrs back.....

but as it stands the much lesser of the evil get s life senetence also..unless a pardon is granted.

just my take on it

suicidebomb 01-03-2009 04:25 PM

We have the greatest justice system on Earth. The proof is in the fact, that we imprison more of our fellow citizens, than any other nation on the planet. Unless, of course if you are a U.S. senator, who drives his jeep off a bridge and drowns a girl, in a drunken stupor. Then we don't do anything.

zipper06 01-03-2009 09:08 PM

In reality, i'll bet that Bush never even heard of or knew the facts in these cases, it's all about the lobbiest in Washington. These felons find the best lobbiest they can and for a few bucks or a lot their name reaches the desk. Almost like a governer's pardon, if your family gave big donations to his campaign, there's a pretty good chance he'll do something for the donor.
It's just good old boy politics, and it will never end as long as we allow it to happen. Think about it if it weren't for the FBI sting in Il. you could have bought yourself a Senate seat.

JMO

Zip.

suicidebomb 01-03-2009 11:46 PM

A Senate seat is pretty small potatoes really, the Saudi's bought themselves a President.........eight years ago. Just my opinion.

Tod74 01-04-2009 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by bjuice
i agree Rigsby..there's got to be more then what the surface shows....but on another side of things..should a man do a life sentence for a drug charge such a CONSPIRACY to Posses with intent to distributute Mary jane ?...how many could go down for this from their teen years until now ?...what i mean by Life sentence is being a convicted felon the rest of your life. all rights stripped !...People make mistakes.

lets say if a person never had a record,And at 23 yrs old got stuck for mary jane conspiracy, served his time,paid fines, had no other problems and 15/18 yrs have passed.....This guy should not be considered for a pardon ?...come on......i think some folks need to look at the department of justice website to see when a presidential pardon can be granted under US law and this may answer some of the Questions that arrise out of this.

i dunno guys..the law says a felony is a felony and creates cvil disabilities for those charged..but i say there are different degree's of felonies..such as child molestation/Murder/Armed Robbery is a enitre different Felony then a 22 yr old popped for a Mary jane or Cocaine conspiracy 20 yrs back.....

but as it stands the much lesser of the evil get s life senetence also..unless a pardon is granted.

just my take on it

I agree...I am in NO WAY saying DUI isn't a horrible crime..but a guy could screw up when he is in his early 20's and get a couple DUIs and he is a felon for life. Not everyone fails to learn from their screw ups...Before ya guys all jump on me I AM NOT trying to say that DUI AND POT AND SO ON isn't serious. OF COARSE it is. But some people do grow up and realize the seriousness of their choices and turn their life around...UNFORTUNATELY many don't.

bjuice 01-04-2009 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by Tod74

Originally Posted by bjuice

just my take on it

I agree...I am in NO WAY saying DUI isn't a horrible crime..but a guy could screw up when he is in his early 20's and get a couple DUIs and he is a felon for life. Not everyone fails to learn from their screw ups...Before ya guys all jump on me I AM NOT trying to say that DUI AND POT AND SO ON isn't serious. OF COARSE it is. But some people do grow up and realize the seriousness of their choices and turn their life around...UNFORTUNATELY many don't.

Bingo :!: :D

suicidebomb 01-04-2009 11:39 AM

I wasn't trying to jump on anyone here, Iwas just pointing out that justice is bought and paid for in this country, same as freedom. You steal a loaf of bread to feed your kids, and get caught, you do time in jail. You steal 50 billon dollars, and get caught, you get house arrest, in your luxury condo, and instead of showing up to court in chains, you show up in your limosine. That's American justice, true justice will be attained when, we get off our asses, and force the courts to treat everyone the same. If that offends anyone, IT SHOULD, it offends me.