Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   User Feedback & Scammer watch (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Classic ad/BS (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27554)

Scooterz 03-08-2010 04:15 PM

Classic ad/BS

I do not want to be judgmental here (hope I am not wrong), but ad# 1830573 is a classic BS type ad. Much like "Hal396" or "Jacky 427" & other handles often seen here; advertising show cars (at outdoor car shows), that are NOT their cars, advertised incorrectly (Pro-Steet description) on a stock higher value classic value car, showing only the car with the hood up, no pic of the body. Here is someones nice 68/67 Camaro that is a probably a clean optioned car with rallies appearing nicely done, but w/a "narrowed 12 bolt" rear you cannot see on it... a car appearing fully restored & mostly stock. You can have her for just 12K.... if you don't need the ACTUAL CAR!! What a joke. I see these ad's all the time like this... I am just venting... thanks for listening & be careful. Scoot

Scooterz 03-08-2010 04:18 PM

My Bad... this ad says: narrowed 9" w/ 31X18" tires.... but you get the picture. Look at the car, it does not have 31X18" tires on the back & 15" Rallies w/ Goodyear Eagles on the front!! I have seen so many of these ad's I can't even keep up with the BS anymore!

signsbyesa 03-09-2010 06:33 AM

i know what you mean rigs, are they state "pro-street" and the
car is not back halved or mini tubbed or they just don't show the
entire car, yup, been looking for a project car and ran into
the same ads and some they don't put a price to start out at
and then it makes you look like a tire kicker for asking :cry:

Scooterz 03-09-2010 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by signsbyesa
i know what you mean rigs, are they state "pro-street" and the
car is not back halved or mini tubbed or they just don't show the
entire car, yup, been looking for a project car and ran into
the same ads and some they don't put a price to start out at
and then it makes you look like a tire kicker for asking :cry:

Here is my message to him yesterday Signs... typical answer. I call BS. His car is someone elses car which is a decent SS 396 appearing all stock for the most part... with rallies & Goodyear Eagles on front. I have seen this A$$-Clown have other rare/optioned cars with the piture of an outdoor car show & the pic of the hood up only.... what a joke. I asked him below if the actual owner knew he had his car for sale for 12K. Then he called me "goffy"...LOL.

On [2010-03-08 20:24:52] Scooterz wrote:
> Really..... you have a car that has "31X18" tubbed tires on back??? must look really goofy.... picture of the front wheels/tires 15" rally wheels??? Really???? Seems odd... all for 12K. It looks like it was a nice day at the car-show that day too (sunny). Does the owner of this car know you have their car for sale here??

car has 2 sets of wheels has weld drag stars also sharp car got 12K your loss---- goffy!!

Harbone 05-25-2010 05:54 AM

back at it again, same MO, vague front shot of someone elses car, I sent him a message asking for more pics, lets see if he replies :twisted:

Ad #1903138